Required Tools and Supplies
- 5mm Allen Socket
- 13mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Eye Protection
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your Polaris XPEDITION.
To install the Rear A-Arm Guards on your Polaris XPEDITION, follow these steps.
1. Start by parking the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK and remove the key. Note: If you need more room for installation, the rear wheel can be removed. Refer to your Owner’s Manual for safe lifting techniques.
2. Install the two clamps into the slots on the arm guard and be sure to put the hooked end of the clamp through the slot in the guard.
3. Install the guard onto the rear side of the control arm. Wrap the clamps around the tube and install the two screws and two washers with a 5mm Allen socket. Do not torque at this time.
4. Install the side clamp at the inside of the guard. Make sure that the clamp is firmly positioned against the tube.
5. Install the screw and washer for the side clamp from the underside of the guard. Do not torque at this time.
6. Install the bracket on the front of the control arm. The end of the bracket will pass through the wire mount on the control arm.
7. Install the arm guard on the front control arm with two screws and two washers through the guard and bracket.
8. Install the nuts on the screws for the bracket with a 5mm Allen socket and 13mm socket. Do not torque at this time.
9. Install the three P-clamps. Make sure the clamps are positioned firmly against the tube and install the screw and washer for each P-clamp with a 13mm socket. Do not torque at this time.
10. Install the side clamp at the inside end of the guard. Make sure the clamp is firmly positioned against the tube.
11. Install the screw and washer for the side clamp from the underside of the guard, and torque all fasteners to 15 ft-lbs (20 Nm).
12. Repeat this installation process for the other side of the vehicle.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.