Required Tools and Supplies
- 10mm Wrench
- Driven Clutch Spreader Tool
- Torque Wrench
- Eye Protection
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your vehicle. To inspect and replace the drive belt on your RZR Pro R, follow these steps:
Warning: Drive belt maintenance should only be performed after the vehicle has completely cooled. Belt removal and installation can be completed with tools provided in your tool kit.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and place the vehicle in PARK.
2. Remove both seats by pulling up on the seat latch lever and tilting forward to remove.
3. Turn the four quarter-turn latches on the upper rear close-off panel. Lift the panel up and pivot out around the seat harnesses to remove.
4. Open the center console and release the two quarter-turn latches on the inside.
5. Release the two lower close-off panel quarter-turn latches.
6. Lift the lower close-off panel with center console up and pivot out of the vehicle.
7. On four seat models, unclip the lower rear trim panel.
8. Loosen the upper and lower PVT hose clamps on the outer PVT duct.
9. Carefully maneuver the duct out of the vehicle.
10. Remove the passenger side lower clutch cover fastener with a 10mm wrench. Note: Access to this fastener is limited.
11. Remove the remaining four clutch cover fasteners on the upper portion of the cover with a 10mm socket.
12. Release the five quarter-turn fasteners on the lower portion of the cover. Note: Replacement latches are provided in the tool kit if any are damaged.
13. Pivot the cover outward and upward to remove from the vehicle.
14. Inspect the cover seal for wear or damage and replace if necessary. A new cover seal is part number 5522263.
15. Take note of the drive belt direction of rotation. The belt must be installed in the same direction if reusing.
16. Remove the driven clutch spreader tool from the clutch cover and thread into the driven clutch to spread the sheaves.
17. Carefully walk the belt off the driven clutch and remove from the drive clutch.
18. Inspect the belt for any fraying, hour-glassing, loose cords, missing cogs, abrasions, burns or damage, and replace if needed.
19. Clean out the inside of the clutch covers and around the clutches thoroughly. Tip: A mobile device can be used to see behind the clutches. Any sign of oil leaks indicates that debris may be trapped behind the clutches.
20. If replacing the belt, ensure the part number on the belt is facing outward when installed. A new belt is part number 3211226.
21. Loop the belt over the drive clutch and begin to walk it over the driven clutch sheave.
22. Remove the clutch spreader tool and reinsert into the clutch cover.
23. Rotate the driven clutch clockwise five to seven times to help seat the belt on the sheaves.
24. Reinstall the clutch cover and secure the five lower quarter-turn latches.
25. Reinstall the four cover fasteners, and torque to 37 in-lbs (5 Nm).
26. Reinstall the passenger side lower fastener and tighten until fully seated.
27. Reinstall the PVT duct and align the alignment tab with the grooves on the ducting.
28. Secure the two PVT hose clamps.
29. On four seat models, reinstall the lower panel trim.
30. Reinstall the lower close-off panel with console. The retention tabs on the console must be engaged to ensure it is installed properly.
31. Engage the lower console retention tabs first on each side.
32. Align the grooves at the top of the console and ensure they are fully seated.
33. Ensure the console grooves on the panel are not caught inside of the lower trim panel.
34. Engage the lower console retention tabs and ensure they are fully seated.
35. Secure the two quarter-turn latches on the lower close off panel.
36. Open the console and secure the two latches inside.
37. Reinstall the upper close-off panel by pivoting around the seat harnesses and engaging the lower retaining tabs.
38. Secure the four quarter-turn latches.
39. Reinstall the seats by aligning the front alignment tabs and pushing down on the rear to engage the rear latch. If the belt was replaced, follow your Owner’s Manual guidelines for belt break-in.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.