Required Tools and Supplies
- 5/8-Inch Spark Plug Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Air Chuck
- Dielectric Grease or Petroleum Jelly
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your vehicle. Always allow the engine to cool completely before performing this procedure.
To inspect and replace the spark plugs on your model 2021 and newer RZR 200 EFI, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface in a well-ventilated area and ensure the parking brake is set.
2. Clean the area around the spark plug in the right rear wheel well.
3. Carefully remove the spark plug boot from the spark plug and set aside.
4. Before continuing, blow any dirt or debris out of the spark plug well with compressed air to prevent anything from falling into the cylinder.
5. Carefully loosen the spark plug and remove from the vehicle. This can be done with the 5/8-inch socket included in your tool kit.
6. Inspect the electrodes for wear and carbon buildup and verify there are no cracks around the insulation. The spark plug should have a sharp outer edge with no rounding or erosion.
7. Inspect and adjust the spark plug gap if needed. It should be within the 0.024-0.028 inch (0.6-0.7 mm) range.
8. If necessary, replace with the recommended spark plug. Severe engine damage may occur if the incorrect plug is used. Replacement spark plugs are part number 3050051.
9. Apply anti-seize to the spark plug threads.
10. Install the spark plug into the engine, and torque to 9 ft-lbs (12 Nm).
11. Apply dielectric grease or petroleum jelly to the spark plug boot.
12. Reinstall the spark plug boot and ensure it is fully seated.
13. Finally, start the engine to verify proper operation.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
NGK® is a registered trademark of NGK Spark Plug Co., Ltd.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.