Required Tools and Supplies
- 8mm Allen Socket
- Torque Wrench
- AGL Fluid
- Drain Pan
- Fluid Filler
- Shop Rags
- Eye Protection
- Nitrile Gloves
To change the transmission fluid on your 2018 to 2022 RZR RS1, follow these steps.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Place a drain pan underneath the transmission. Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
3. Clean the area around the fill plug on the back of the transmission.
4. Remove the fill plug with an 8mm Allen and set aside.
5. Clean the area around the drain plug.
6. Remove the drain plug with an 8mm Allen socket and allow the fluid to drain completely.
7. Before reinstalling, clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
8. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
9. Reinstall the drain plug, and torque to 14 ft-lbs (19 Nm).
10. Fill the transmission through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The recommended fluid is Polaris AGL Fluid, part number 2878068 for one quart or part number 2878069 for one gallon.
11. Reinstall the transmission fill plug, and torque to 14 ft-lbs (19 Nm).
12. Before continuing, clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
13. Dispose of the used fluid properly at your local recycling center. For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.