The Rhino-Rack Rear Bed Rack is part number part number 2889443.
Required Tools and Supplies:
- 10mm Socket (Included in accessory kit)
- 13mm Socket
- Torque Wrench (Included in accessory kit)
- Shop Rags
- Nitrile Gloves
- Eye Protection
To install the Platform Bed Rack, follow these steps.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface. Ensure the transmission is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Set the front and rear extrusion onto a soft surface with the shorter edge facing up.
3. Identify the left and right corner base pieces. The mounting hole will align with the edge of the platform extrusions. The U-shaped groove should point up as well.
4. Install the remaining corner base pieces.
5. Arrange the platform extrusions so they mirror each other.
6. Slide a side extrusion into each corner base, with the mounting holes sliding under the platform extrusion. Repeat for the remaining side extrusion.
7. Align the mounting holes and loosely install eight longer fasteners into the side extrusions.
8. Position a platform plank under the fame assembly with the mounting holes facing up.
9. Align the mounting holes and loosely install four of the longer provided fasteners.
10. Continue by repeating this process for the remaining three planks.
11. Identify the left and right corner covers. The mounting holes will align with the u-shaped groove.
12. Align the mounting hole on the corner cover with the corner base and loosely install a shorter fastener.
13. Continue by repeating this process for the remaining corner covers.
14. Attach the provided 10mm socket to the torque tool and torque all fasteners on the rack assembly.
15. Insert four channel nuts into the channel on each side of the frame.
16. Continue by identifying the two styles of brackets. The same style brackets need to be installed on the same side of the track.
17. Align the oval mounting holes of the platform brace with the previously installed channel nuts with the bend facing inward. The backbone mounting holes should face out.
18. Install the two shorter fasteners through the brace and into the channel nuts. Using a 10mm socket, lightly tighten the fasteners to prevent the brace from falling out of the channel.
19. Repeat this process for the remaining braces and set the platform aside.
20. Using a 13mm socket, remove and retain the nut and washer from the Lock and Ride anchor.
21. Remove and retain the lower rubber spacer, plastic spacer and upper rubber spacer from the shaft, and ensure the upper plastic washer is installed next to the locking mechanism.
22. Continue by repeating this process for the remaining Lock and Ride anchors.
23. Align the anchor shaft and washer with the mounting hole on the bed backbone and insert the assembly into backbone.
24. Reinstall the upper rubber spacer, plastic spacer, lower rubber spacer, washer and nut onto the anchor.
25. Tighten the nut until all slack is taken out with the lock in the open position.
26. Once finished, repeat this process for the remaining anchors.
27. Before continuing, ensure each anchor is in their upright, open position.
28. With the logo on the backbone facing outward, install the anchors into the forwardmost holes in the cargo box.
29. Press each lock down and ensure the backbone is secure.
30. If necessary, open the locks to remove the backbone and tighten the nut on the bottom to increase the holding force on the Lock and Ride anchor.
31. With the smaller platform braces facing the rear of the vehicle, set the platform assembly onto the backbones.
32. Align the platform with the mounting holes on top of the backbones and loosely install six of the provided shorter fasteners.
33. Torque the backbone fasteners with a 10mm socket and torque tool until it clicks.
34. Loosen the channel nut fasteners on the platform braces and slide them to the backbone at the four corners.
35. Align the braces with the mounting holes on the sides of the backbones and install two of the provided smaller fasteners.
36. Continue by torqueing the rear-side backbone fasteners with the included torque tool and 10mm socket until it clicks.
37. Lift up on the cargo box handle to tilt the box up.
38. Torque the four front-side bolts with the included torque tool and 10mm socket until it clicks.
39. Continue by tilting the box down and ensuring the latch is secured.
40. Unlock the Lock and Ride anchors and lift the platform.
41. Torque the eight channel nut fasteners with the included torque tool and 10mm socket until it clicks.
42. Lock the anchors and ensure the platform is secure.
43. The platform bed rack can be equipped with a variety of attachments to help secure many types of cargo up to fifty pounds.
For more information, refer to the kit instructions.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
Rhino-Rack® is a registered trademark of Rhino Rack Australia Pty Limited
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Inc.