Required Tools and Supplies
- T40 TORX® Socket
- 8mm Socket
- 10 mm Deep Well Socket
- 5/8’ Spark Plug Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Air Nozzle
- Shop Rags
- Nitrile Gloves
- Eye Protection
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your vehicle. Always allow the engine to cool completely before performing this procedure.
To inspect and replace the spark plugs on your 2022+ RZR Pro R, follow these steps.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface in a well-ventilated area, and ensure the transmission is in PARK.
2. Remove the four cargo box fasteners with a T40 TORX® socket.
3. Lift the cargo box up and pivot around the intake ducts to remove from the vehicle.
4. Carefully lift up on the connector retaining tabs and pull away to remove from the ignition coils.
5. Carefully release the harness from the mounting studs and position out of the way. Do not disconnecting the coolant vent line from the valve cover.
6. Continue by cleaning the area around the spark plugs.
7. Remove the rearmost coil fastener with an 8mm socket.
8. Remove the remaining coil fasteners with a 10mm deep well socket.
9. Carefully lift the coils off the spark plugs and remove from the vehicle. If reusing, take note of the cylinders they were installed in for reinstallation.
10. Before continuing, blow any dirt or debris out of the spark plug wells with compressed air to prevent anything from falling into the cylinders. If needed, the spark plug wells have holes built into the cylinder head to allow them to be flushed with water.
11. Using a 5/8" spark plug socket, carefully loosen the spark plugs and remove from the vehicle. If reusing, take note of the cylinders they were installed in for reinstallation.
12. Inspect the electrodes for wear and carbon buildup. The spark plug should have a sharp outer edge with no rounding or erosion. Inspect and adjust the spark plug gap if needed.
13. If necessary, replace with the recommended spark plug, part number 3023413.
14. Apply a small amount of dielectric grease to the coil end where it connects to the spark plug.
15. Install the spark plugs into the engine and torque to 8.85 ft-lbs (12 Nm). Do not use anti-seize.
16. Reinstall the ignition coils and ensure they are fully seated.
17. Reinstall the ignition coil fasteners, ensuring the smaller fastener is installed in the rearmost position, and torque to 6.64ft-lbs (9 Nm).
18. Reconnect the wiring harness to the mounting studs and reconnect the ignition coil connectors.
19. Before continuing, verify that the connections are properly secured, ensuring they are clicked into place.
20. Reinstall the cargo box by pivoting around the intakes and aligning the mounting holes.
21. Reinstall the four mounting fasteners, and torque to 7 ft-lbs (10 Nm).
22. Start the engine to ensure proper operation.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
509® is a registered trademark of Teton Outfitters, LLC.
FOX® is a registered trademark of Fox Factory Inc.
NGK® is a registered trademark of NGK Spark Plug Co., Ltd.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.