Required Tools and Supplies
- 3mm Allen Socket
- Side Cutters
- 4mm Allen Socket
- Flat-Head Screwdriver
- T30 TORX® Socket
- Cable Ties
- Safety Glasses
- Torque Wrench
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris vehicle.
The Lock & Ride Short Windshield is part number 2884946. The Lock & Ride Mid Windshield is part number 2884845. The Lock & Ride Tall Windshield is part number 2890616 (formerly part number 2884945). For more information on what is included in the kit, refer to the Windshield Kit instructions. Before installing any accessories, ensure the vehicle is parked on a flat, level surface. Put the vehicle in park, set the parking brake, and remove the key.
To install a windshield on your model year 2021 and newer Sportsman 450 or Sportsman 570, follow these steps:
1. Begin by loosening the two fasteners securing the front brake master cylinder with a T30 TORX® socket.
2. Remove the cable ties from the electrical harness routings on both sides of the handlebars with a side cutters.
3. Identify the right and left labeling on the mounting arms, and install in their appropriate sides on the windshield.
4. Install the washer and fastener into the mounting hole with a 3mm Allen socket, and repeat this process on the other side. Do not fully tighten at this time.
5. Reposition the master cylinder as needed, and install windshield clamps onto the vertical bend of the handlebar, with the stem side pointing forward.
6. Install the fastener with a 4mm Allen socket and secure, but do not tighten at this time.
7. Repeat this process on the other side.
8. Place the windshield assembly onto the clamp stems.
9. Reposition the adjuster screws and clamps as needed to allow the windshield to sit on the headlight pod.
10. Once the desired position is achieved, press in the clamp levers until they are locked in place.
11. Torque the arm fasteners to 16 in-lbs (1.8 Nm).
12. Torque the clamp fasteners to 16 in-lbs (1.8 Nm).
13. Secure the electrical harness routings on each side of the handlebars, using cable ties.
14. To adjust the mounting clamp pressure, pull the clamp lever open and turn the adjuster screw on top to adjust the pressure as needed.
15. To optimize the windshield fit, pry open the mount covers from the back of the windshield with a flat-head screwdriver.
16. Loosen the fasteners with a 3mm Allen socket, and adjust the windshield as needed.
17. Once in the desired position, torque the fasteners to 16 in-lbs (1.8 Nm).
18. Firmly press the covers back into place.
19. Reposition the master cylinder, and torque the fasteners to 84 in-lbs (9 Nm).
For more information or to order accessories, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications for your ATV can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers for your ATV, use the online parts catalog.
To find replacement part numbers for your windshield, view the installation instructions.
HB® is a registered trademark of HB Performance Systems, Inc.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Inc.