Required Tools and Supplies
- 2.5mm Allen Socket
- 10mm Socket
- T20 TORX® Socket
- T25 TORX® Socket
- T27 TORX® Socket
- T30 TORX® Socket
- T40 TORX® Socket
- 3/16-Inch (5mm) Drill Bit
- 5/16-Inch (8mm) Drill Bit
- Torque Wrench
- Cutting Tool
- Multi-Function Pliers
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your Polaris RZR.
To install the soft cab door kit on a RZR XP, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Remove any accessory windshield, factory-installed roof and rear panel, if equipped. Note: Only the upper portion of the rear panel needs to be removed.
3. Open the driver storage compartment and push the rubber grommet and USB connector through the hole.
4. Remove the six fasteners with a 2.5mm Allen socket to remove the storage compartment.
5. Move onto the passenger compartment and repeat the same process.
6. After removing the compartments, install the cab close-off around the chassis tube on both driver and passenger side.
7. For 2-seat models, begin by removing and discarding the push pin rivet from the rear pocket fender with multi-function pliers and a flathead screwdriver.
8. Align the rear shroud with the ROPS.
9. Insert two fasteners with washers through the rear shroud.
10. Place two hook clamps into the slots of the rear shroud. Align with the fasteners and secure with nuts.
11. Insert one fastener with a washer through the rear shroud.
12. Place a hook clamp into the slot of the rear shroud. Align it with the fastener and secure with a nut.
13. Counter-hold the nuts with a T30 TORX® socket and a 10mm socket, and torque fasteners to 88 in-lbs (10 Nm).
14. Align the front shroud with the ROPS.
15. Insert one fastener with washer through the front shroud. Tip: Put silicone sealant where the front and rear shroud meets to aid in water sealing.
16. Place a hook clamp into the slot of the front shroud. Align with the fastener and secure with a nut.
17. Insert one fastener with washer through the front shroud.
18. Hook a J-clip onto the ROPS, align with fastener and secure it with a nut.
19. Counter-hold the nuts with a T30 TORX® socket and 10mm socket, and torque fasteners to 88 in-lbs (10 Nm).
20. Install a push pin rivet into the shroud.
21. Line up the seal clip onto the shroud and push up to ensure proper seal.
To install the upper door, continue by opening the driver side door.
1. Remove and keep the nine fasteners from the door panel with a T25 TORX® socket. Remove the door panel from the door frame.
2. Mark the door hinge adjustment locations before removing the fasteners. With a T40 TORX® socket, remove and keep the two rear hinge fasteners. Loosen the two front hinge fasteners, but do not remove them.
3. Install the upper door frame and two rear retained hinge fasteners. Torque to 106 in-lbs (12 Nm).
4. Install the four fasteners, washers and nuts to attach the upper door frame to the door frame. Torque to 88 in-lbs (10 Nm).
5. Loosely install the hinge fasteners until in desired position. Torque to 106 in-lbs (12 Nm).
To install the door handle, continue by locating the door panel cutline marks.
1. Drill two holes for the fasteners with a 3/16-inch (5mm) drill bit.
2. Cut the plastic within the lines of the door handle cutline marks.
3. Install the door handle assembly into the door panel and attach with two fasteners and nuts. Torque to18 in-lbs (2 Nm).
4. Remove and discard the door latch cable. Note orientation of the cable when reinstalling.
5. Place the door near the door frame and install the door latch cable onto the inner door actuator and latch. Note: Make sure to secure the door latch cable in the routing clip.
6. Align the door panel mounting holes with the frame and install the nine retained fasteners. Torque to 18 in-lbs (2 Nm).
7. Close the door.
8. Realign door as necessary.
Install the upper door to the lower door.
1. Drill seven holes in the lower door using the upper door as a template.
2. Install seven push pins rivets to attach the upper door to the lower door.
For vehicle reassembly:
1. Reinstall the passenger storage compartment by placing it back into the dashboard.
2. Install the six fasteners, and torque until fully seated.
3. Continue to the driver side and install the storage compartment into the dashboard and reinstall the rubber grommet and USB connector.
4. Install the six fasteners, and torque until fully seated.
5. Finally, if removed, reinstall the upper rear panel, factory-installed roof and windshield.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.