Required Tools and Supplies
- 8mm Allen Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Fluid Filler
- Drain Pan
- AGL Transmission Fluid
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RZR.
To change the transmission fluid on your RZR XP, follow these steps.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and ensure the parking brake is set.
2. Place a drain pan underneath the transmission. Tip: Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
3. Clean the area around the fill plug.
4. Remove the fill plug with an 8mm Allen socket, and discard the sealing washer. Set the fill plug aside.
5. Clean the area around the drain plug.
6. Remove the drain plug with an 8mm Allen socket, and allow the fluid to drain completely. Discard the sealing washer.
7. Before reinstalling, clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
8. Inspect both plugs and ensure the sealing surfaces are free of any burrs, nicks or scratches and replace if necessary.
9. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug, and torque to 10-14 ft-lbs (14-19 Nm).
11. Fill the gearcase through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The fluid capacity is 55.8 oz (1650 ml). One quart of AGL Transmission Fluid is part number 2878068, and one gallon is part number 2878069.
12. Reinstall the transmission fill plug, and torque to 10-14 ft-lbs (14-19 Nm).
13. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
14. Dispose of the used fluid properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.