Required Tools and Supplies
- T40 TORX® Socket
- 10mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
- Dielectric Grease or Petroleum Jelly
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
For more information about adding an additional battery, read 2022+ RZR Pro R Dual Battery Removal and Installation. Some RZR Pro R models come equipped with an additional battery, but installing extra accessories may require another battery to support the vehicle's power needs.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your vehicle. To remove and install the battery on your RZR Pro R, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure the vehicle is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Route the driver’s seat harness out of the way to aid in seat removal.
3. Pull up on the front seat lever and pivot forward to remove the seat from the vehicle.
4. Position the lower seat belt out of the way to aid in battery removal.
5. Remove the black negative battery cable fastener first to prevent arcing, and set the cable aside. Tip: Reinstalling the fasteners into the battery posts will help prevent misplacement.
6. Pull the red boot back from the positive cable.
7. Remove the positive cable fastener with a 10mm socket, and set the cable aside. Warning: Use care to ensure tools do not come into contact with both battery posts.
8. Remove the two battery bracket fasteners with a T40 TORX® socket, and lift the bracket out of the vehicle.
9. Pull the battery toward the driver’s side of the vehicle and tilt up to remove.
10. If reinstalling the battery, ensure it is fully charged and free of any debris to prevent damage. Follow the instructions in the Battery Charging section of your Owner’s Manual before installing the battery. A new battery is part number 4014609.
11. Clean any dirt or debris from the battery box.
12. Install the battery on its side with the terminals facing up and slide into place.
13. Install the battery bracket over the battery and align with the mounting holes.
14. Reinstall the battery bracket.
15. Install the two bracket fasteners, and torque to 53 in-lbs (6 Nm).
16. Install the positive cable FIRST to prevent arcing, and torque to 42 in-lbs (5 Nm).
17. Install the negative cable, and torque to 42 in-lbs (5 Nm).
18. Coat both terminals with dielectric grease or petroleum jelly.
19. Reinstall the positive cable protector boot.
20. Verify the cables are secure and properly routed.
21. Reinstall the seat by aligning the front alignment tabs and pushing down on the rear to engage the rear latch.
22. Finally, turn the key ON to verify the battery has been connected properly. Note: When the battery is disconnected, the vehicle’s clock may need to be reset.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.