|Required Tools and Supplies|
|13mm Socket||10mm Wrench|
|18mm Socket||16mm Wrench|
|20mm Socket||19mm Wrench|
|T27 TORX® Socket or 8mm Socket||Ratchet|
|T40 TORX® Socket||Torque Wrench|
|All Season Grease||Safety Glasses|
|Nitrile Gloves||Shop Towels|
For more information on tools, read Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your RANGER. Before installation of any accessories, read the instructions thoroughly and verify all parts and tools are accounted for.
Note: If you're also installing a windshield, ensure to install the doors first. The striker for these doors mounts to the windshield bracket, and that will affect the striker adjustment.
To install the premium front doors with manual windows (part number 2885073) on your RANGER SP 570, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Remove the upper side net fastener from the rollover protection structure (ROPS) with a 13mm socket. Retain the nut plate for upper door bracket installation. Note: The bracket included with the kit is used to secure the striker mount if a windshield is not already installed.
3. Remove and retain the lower side net fastener on the floorboard with a T40 TORX® socket.
4. Reinstall the retained lower fastener, and torque to 44 in-lbs (5 Nm).
5. Lift the seat by pivoting the rear of the seat up.
6. Remove and retain the two side net fasteners with a T40 TORX® socket, and set the net aside.
7. Reinstall the retained fasteners, and torque to 44 in-lbs (5 Nm).
8. Lift up the two seat belt buckles and pivot the seat down.
9. If a rear panel is installed, unlock the panel and pivot back.
10. Undo the net straps, and set the net aside.
11. Pivot the rear panel in and lock it, if installed.
12. Compare the upper chassis hinges and select the appropriate one for your door.
13. Align the upper chassis-hinge with the mounting holes on the ROPS bracket.
14. Insert a nut plate with the smooth side facing outward into the ROPS bracket, and install two fasteners through the hinge into the plate with a 13mm socket.
15. Square up the chassis-hinge, and torque the fasteners to 17 ft-lbs (23 Nm).
16. Lift the cargo box lever to tilt the box up.
17. Remove and retain the fastener and clamp on the grab handle inside the side bezel with a T27 TORX® socket or 8mm socket.
18. Remove and retain the four push-pin rivets from the side bezel near the grab handle.
19. Disengage the retention tabs on the bezel and lift out to remove.
20. Compare the two lower hinges. The hinge should face the front of the vehicle when installed.
21. Align the lower chassis-hinge with the mounting holes on the rear of the cab and install two fasteners with a 13mm socket.
22. Align the bracket in the middle of the adjustment range, and torque the fasteners to 17 ft-lbs (23 Nm) while ensuring the bracket remains level.
23. Locate the groove on the back of the side bezel, and cut the groove out to create room for the door hinge with a utility knife.
24. Align the side bezel retention tabs with the body of the vehicle and press the bezel into place until fully seated.
25. Reinstall the four push-pin rivets into the side bezel.
26. Reinstall the retained fastener and clamp over the grab handle into the side bezel, and torque the fastener to 44 in-lbs (5 Nm).
27. Lower the box and ensure the latch is secure.
28. Remove the fasteners from the side net latch on the ROPS and remove the latch with a T40 TORX® socket.
29. If equipped, remove the two windshield bracket fasteners with a 13mm socket.
30. Compare the two striker mounts. The flat side of the mount will face the inside of the vehicle. Note: On multi-passenger vehicles, the rear door striker should point to the rear of the vehicle.
31. Align the striker mount with the mounting holes on the ROPS and loosely install two new fasteners with a 13mm socket. Note: If no windshield was previously installed, two included weld nuts will be used. If a windshield was installed, the strike plate will be secured to the windshield bracket. On the rear doors, the striker mount is secured to the ROPS.
32. Install the striker and round washer, round side out, into the striker mount and loosely secure with a nut.
33. Slide a nylon washer on the upper and lower chassis-side hinges.
34. Grease the pins on the upper and lower chassis-side hinges using all season grease.
35. With the aid of an assistant, align the door hinges with the chassis hinges.
36. Pivot the door as needed to fully seat the upper and lower hinges.
37. Remove and retain the fastener from the lower floor trim piece with a T40 TORX® socket.
38. Remove the two push-pin rivets from the trim piece with pliers, and remove the trim.
39. Reinstall the previously removed fastener, and torque to 44 in-lbs (5 Nm).
40. Press the included door adjustment tool onto the lower doorframe.
41. Lift the door up and over the adjustment tool and slowly close the door to observe the striker pin entering the latch assembly. Ensure the door double latches and adjust the position as necessary.
42. Torque the upper door hinge fasteners to 18 ft-lbs (25 Nm).
43. Torque the lower door hinge fasteners to 18 ft-lbs (25 Nm).
44. Open the door and remove the door adjustment tool. Set the striker in the previously noted position. The striker can be adjusted vertically by loosening the bracket mounting fasteners and horizontally by loosening the nut on the back of the striker. Note: The rear bracket is adjusted vertically by adjusting the inside bracket mounts and horizontally by loosening the two striker fasteners.
45. Once aligned, torque the striker mount fasteners to 17 ft-lbs (23 Nm).
46. Torque the striker to 30 ft-lbs (41 Nm) with a 19 wrench and 20mm socket, and verify proper operation of the door. If needed, repeat this adjustment procedure.
47. If you are unable to achieve proper adjustment, the lower bracket can also be adjusted inwards or outwards by removing the side bezel and loosening the mounting fasteners.
48. Before continuing, shut the door to ensure the latch double clicks into place when closed.
49. Remove and retain the upper seat belt mount fastener and nut with a 16mm wrench and 18mm socket.
50. Insert the fastener through the seatbelt mounting point, washer and the limiter strap post mount with the tab up and facing inward.
51. Insert the assembly into the ROPS bracket, and reinstall the nut.
52. Torque the nut to 40 ft-lbs (54 Nm).
53. Install a fastener and spacer into the top of the limiter strap post mount with a 10mm wrench and T40 TORX® socket, and secure with the provided nut.
54. Align the hole in the limiter strap with the limiter strap post and press the strap down around the post.
55. Torque the fastener to 71 in-lbs (8 Nm).
56. Repeat this entire process to install the other door.
- The door can be locked and unlocked using the key provided in the kit.
- To open the door from the inside, push the lever forward to free the latch.
- To operate the window, use the manual window crank to open and close the window.
- To install the storage net, align the net with the mounting holes in the door and install the seven push-pin rivets to secure the net.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.