Towing a Polaris XPEDITION is not recommended. Always transport the vehicle on a trailer or flatbed with all four wheels off the ground. If towing a disabled vehicle is unavoidable, place the disabled vehicle’s transmission in neutral. Tow the shortest distance possible. Do not operate faster than 10 miles per hour (16 km/h).
Ensure your trailer and tie down straps are properly rated for your vehicle weight. Always follow all warnings and precautions listed by the manufacturers.
Transporting the Vehicle
Follow these procedures when transporting the vehicle:
1. Perform a quick inspection on your trailer to ensure it is clean and free of any major debris.
2. Always practice safe riding by wearing the required safety gear listed in your Owner’s Manual.
3. Safely drive your vehicle onto the trailer. Note: Do not transport the vehicle in a reverse direction on the trailer.
4. Place the vehicle in PARK and verify the PARK position is displayed in the gauge.
5. Slowly release the brake pedal and ensure the vehicle does not roll.
6. Turn the engine off and remove the key to prevent loss during transport.
7. Exit the vehicle and latch the seat belts.
8. Ensure the seats are properly secured.
9. Close the doors and verify the latches are secure.
10. Ensure the hood is properly latched and that the fuel cap is secure.
11. Verify all accessories, if equipped, are properly secured.
12. Before securing the vehicle to the trailer, inspect the tie down straps for cuts, wear, fraying, dirt, debris or stiffness.
13. Beginning at the front, attach the tie down straps to the frame behind the bumper. Attach the straps to the trailer and adjust as necessary. Warning: Do NOT attach tie straps to the front control arm bolt pockets.
14. Move to the rear of the vehicle and attach the tie down straps to the tow hitch bracket. Attach the straps to the trailer and adjust as necessary.
15. Evenly tighten the tie down straps until the suspension begins to compress.
16. Secure any extra length of the straps before transporting.
17. Once secured, perform a final inspection to ensure all tie downs are tight and secure.
18. Finish by preparing your trailer for safe travel.
For more information about the Polaris XPEDITION, read 2024 Polaris XPEDITION XP and ADV Overview.
Consult your Owner's Manual for specifics as well as transportation guidelines.
Read Choosing the Right Trailer for more information about trailers.
To learn more about choosing a trailer and proper trailering techniques, listen to the Happy Trailering to You and Your ORV episode of the Polaris Podcast.
For assistance, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.