Required Tools and Supplies
- 10mm Socket
- Dielectric Grease or Petroleum Jelly
- Torque Wrench
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your vehicle.
To remove and install the battery on your model year 2021 and newer RZR 200, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, set the parking brake and remove the key.
2. Lift up on the driver’s seat latch lever at the front of the seat and slide the seat completely forward.
3. Remove the tool kit to aid in battery access.
4. Remove the battery cover strap and then the battery cover.
5. Loosen the negative battery cable fastener first with a 10mm socket to prevent arcing and set the cable aside.
6. Loosen the positive cable fastener with a 10mm socket and set the cable aside. Note: Reinstalling the fasteners into the battery posts will help prevent misplacement.
7. Lift the battery straight up to remove from the vehicle.
8. If reinstalling the battery, ensure it is fully charged and free of any debris or damage. Follow the instructions in the Battery Charging section of your Owner’s Manual before installing the battery. A new battery is part number 4011434.
9. Inspect the battery cover gasket for wear or damage and replace if necessary.
10. Clean any dirt or debris from the battery box and reinstall the battery cover gasket.
11. Install the battery by lowering it straight down into the battery holder with the terminals facing the front of the vehicle.
12. Reconnect the positive cable first to prevent arcing, and torque to 62 in-lbs (7 Nm). Tip: When torqueing the fastener, hold the cable in place to ensure it does not move.
13. Reconnect the negative cable, and torque the fastener to 62 in-lbs (7 Nm).
14. Once torqued, verify the cables are secure and properly routed.
15. Before continuing, coat both terminals with dielectric grease or petroleum jelly.
16. Reinstall the battery cover over the terminal.
17. Hook the battery strap over the cover and onto the retention point behind the base of the battery holder.
18. Before continuing, reinstall the tool kit behind the battery and secure it with the strap.
19. Slide the seat back to the desired position.
20. Finally, turn the key ON to verify the battery has been connected properly. Note: When the battery is disconnected, the vehicle’s clock may need to be reset.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.