Required Tools and Supplies
- 8mm Socket
- 17mm Socket
- 10mm Wrench
- Torque Wrench
- Drain Pan
- Fluid Filler
- Shop Rags
- Eye Protection
- Nitrile Gloves
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your RZR. For optimal performance, always use Polaris-recommended fluids as described in your Owner's Manual.
To change the transmission fluid on your model year 2021 and newer RZR 200, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and ensure the parking brake is set.
2. Counter hold, remove and retain the two chain guard fasteners with an 8mm socket and 10mm wrench, and pull the guard out to remove.
3. Place a drain pan underneath the transmission. Tip: Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
4. Clean the area around the fill plug located on the right side of the transmission.
5. Remove the fill plug with a 17mm socket and discard the sealing washer. Set the fill plug aside.
6. Clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Remove the drain plug with a 17mm socket and allow the fluid to drain completely. Discard the sealing washer.
8. Before reinstalling, clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Inspect both plugs, and ensure the sealing surfaces are free of any burrs, nicks or scratches. Replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the sealing washer on the plugs.
11. Reinstall the drain plug, and torque to 18 ft-lbs (25 Nm).
12. Fill the transmission through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. AGL Automatic Gearcase Lubricant and Transmission Fluid is part number 2878068. The fluid capacity is 25 fl oz (750 mL).
13. Install a new fill plug washer on the fill plug if necessary.
14. Reinstall the transmission fill plug, and torque to 18 ft-lbs (25 Nm).
15. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
16. Before continuing, inspect the rear brake to ensure any residual fluid has been cleaned off.
17. Align the chain guard with the mounting holes, and reinstall the two retained fasteners.
18. Torque the fasteners to 35 in-lbs (4 Nm).
19. Finally, dispose of the used fluid properly at your local recycling center.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.