Required Tools and Supplies
- 8mm Socket
- 17mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Adjustable Wrench
- Grease Gun
- Oil Pan
- All Season Grease
- Eye Protection
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
When changing the oil on your Polaris RZR 200 EFI, always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves. Always check and change the oil at the intervals outlined in the Periodic Maintenance Chart in your Owner's Manual.
To change the engine oil and filter on your RZR 200 EFI, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface in a well-ventilated area and set the parking brake.
2. Start the engine, allow it to warm up at idle for 30 seconds and stop the engine.
3. Carefully clean the area around the oil dipstick.
4. Remove the oil dipstick and set it aside.
5. Place a drain pan under the engine crankcase. Tip: Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of oil.
6. Clean the area around the oil drain plug.
7. Remove the drain plug, spring and pre-filter screen with a 17mm socket and allow the oil to drain completely.
8. Move to the oil filter on the oil cooler mounted to the chassis near the passenger side of the engine.
9. Turn the oil filter counterclockwise to remove. If the filter is too tight, a large adjustable wrench may aid in removal.
10. Using a clean, dry cloth, clean the filter sealing surface on the oil cooler, and ensure that the old O-ring is completely removed.
11. Remove the pre-filter and spring from the drain plug.
12. Inspect the O-ring on the drain plug for any wear or damage and replace if necessary.
13. Clean any dirt or debris from the pre-filter, spring and drain plug with brake cleaner and allow the parts to air dry.
14. Place the smaller end of the spring into the drain plug and reinstall the pre-filter.
15. Lubricate the O-ring on the new filter with a film of fresh engine oil, and ensure the O-ring is in good condition. A new filter is part number 3023344.
16. Install the new filter and rotate it clockwise by hand until the filter gasket contacts the sealing surface. Turn it an additional three-quarters of a turn.
17. Once the filter is installed, wipe up any residual oil.
18. Reinstall the pre-filter screen, spring and drain plug and torque the plug to 10 ft-lbs (14 Nm).
19. Before continuing, clean any residual oil off the vehicle.
20. Add the proper amount of the recommended oil. Do not overfill. The oil capacity is 40.5 oz (1200 mL). PS-4 Synthetic 5W-50 Oil is part number 2876244. PS-4 Extreme 0W-50 4 Cycle Oil is part number 2889395.
21. Reinstall the oil dipstick and wipe up any residual oil.
22. Dispose of the used fluid properly at your local recycling center.
23. Start the engine and allow it to idle for 30 seconds.
24. Stop the engine and inspect the vehicle for leaks.
25. Remove the dipstick and wipe with a clean shop towel. Reinstall the dipstick fully and remove again to inspect the oil level. Add oil as needed to bring the level to the safe range on the dipstick.
26. Reinstall the dipstick and wipe up any residual oil.
27. Use a grease gun to grease all suspension grease zerks. Your vehicle has grease zerks located on the front sway bar mounts and rear sway bar mounts.
28. Move to the rear of the vehicle to clean the spark arrestor. Warning: Allow the vehicle to cool completely before performing any spark arrestor maintenance.
29. Remove and retain the three spark arrestor fasteners and washers with an 8mm socket.
30. Carefully pull the spark arrestor out of the exhaust.
31. Inspect the screen for wear or damage and replace if necessary. Clean any debris on the screen. A new spark arrestor screen is part number 1263023.
32. Reinstall the spark arrestor into the exhaust and align the mounting holes.
33. Reinstall the retained spark arrestor fasteners, lock washers and flat washers and torque the fasteners to 35 in-lbs (4 Nm).
34. Once complete, the maintenance reminder can be reset in the instrument cluster.
- Start by turning the ignition switch on.
- Press and hold the mode button to enter the options menu.
- Navigate to remaining service hours and press the mode button to reset them.
- Using the directional arrows, select your desired service hours until the next service and press the mode button to confirm.
- Navigate to exit and press the mode button to return to the main screen.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.