To wash your RANGER XP Kinetic electric vehicle, follow these best practices:
- Avoid the use of harsh cleaners which can scratch the surface.
- High water pressure may damage components, so washing the vehicle by hand or with a garden hose and mild soap is recommended. If you use a pressure washer to clean your vehicle, do not aim the nozzle at sensitive components. The maximum pressure should not exceed 3000 PSI, 2.5 GPM with a 40° pressure washer nozzle. Make sure to keep the pressure washer nozzle 2 feet away from the vehicle. Avoid directing the water stream at the following:
- Wheel bearings
- Main gearcase seals
- Cab and body panels
- Labels and decals
- Switches and controls
- Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) and charge port
- Instrument panel
- Ensure water is not directed towards electrical components including batteries, wiring and switches.
- Make sure to wipe away any accumulated mud or debris in or around the charge compartment. Do not use tools to clean terminals. Use compressed air, cloth or (if necessary) low pressure water to clean the charge compartment.
- Certain products, including insect repellents and chemicals, will damage plastic surfaces, so do not allow these types of products to contact the vehicle.
- Do not use medium to heavy duty compounds on the finish.
- Always use clean cloths and pads for cleaning and polishing as old or reused materials may contain dirty particles that will scratch the surface.
To wash your RANGER XP Kinetic, follow these steps:
1. Begin by using a professional-type washing cloth to clean the upper body first and then the lower parts last.
2. Rinse the vehicle with clean water frequently.
3. Dry surfaces with a chamois/drying cloth to prevent water spots.
4. Grease all zerk fittings immediately after washing.
- Common household aerosol furniture polish is recommended for polishing the finish on your vehicle. Follow the instructions on the container.
- Avoid using automotive products as some may scratch the finish of your vehicle.
- Always use clean cloths and pads for cleaning and polishing as old or reused materials may contain dirt particles what will scratch the finish.
To learn more about this vehicle, read RANGER XP Kinetic Overview.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.