Required Tools and Supplies
- 8mm Allen Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Drain pan
- Fluid filler
- Shop rags
- Eye protection
- Nitrile Gloves
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RZR. For optimal performance, always use Polaris-recommended fluids as described in your Owner's Manual.
To change the transmission fluid on your 2022+ RZR Pro R, follow these steps.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat level surface and ensure the vehicle is in PARK.
2. Place a drain pan underneath the transmission. Tip: Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
3. Clean the area around the fill plug in the left, rear wheel well.
4. With an 8mm Allen socket, remove the transmission fill plug and set aside.
5. Clean the area around the drain plug.
6. Remove the drain plug with an 8mm Allen socket and allow the fluid to drain completely.
7. Before reinstalling, clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs. Note that the drain plug has a magnetic tip and must be installed in the bottom of the transmission.
8. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
9. Reinstall the drain plug and torque to 10-14 ft-lbs (14-19 Nm).
10. Fill the transmission through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The capacity is 29 ounces (875 mL). The required fluid is part number 2878069 for one gallon and part number 2878068 for one quart.
11. Reinstall the transmission fill plug and torque to 10-14 ft-lbs (14-19 Nm).
12. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
13. Dispose of the used fluid properly at your local recycling center.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.