The recommended engine oil for your RZR Pro R is Polaris PS-4 Extreme Duty Full Synthetic 0W-50 Engine Oil.
|Required Tools and Supplies|
|PS-4 Engine Oil|
1 Gallon (3.7 L)
1 Quart (946.3 mL)
|Engine Oil Filter||All-Terrain Grease|
|T40 TORX® Socket||Torque Wrench||2.5-Inch Oil Filter Wrench|
|Grease Gun||Oil Pan||Funnel|
|Ratchet||6mm Allen Socket||8mm Socket|
|Shop Rags||Safety Glasses||Nitrile Gloves|
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RZR. For optimal performance, always use Polaris recommended fluids as described in your Owner's Manual.
To change the engine oil and filter on your RZR Pro R, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface in a well-ventilated area. Ensure the transmission is in PARK.
2. Start the engine, allow it to warm up at idle for 2 to 3 minutes, and stop the engine.
3. Remove the four cargo box fasteners with a T40 TORX® socket.
4. Lift the cargo box up and pivot around the intake ducts to remove from the vehicle.
5. Clean the area around the oil cap. Use care to avoid hot engine components.
6. Remove the oil cap and set it aside.
7. Place a drain pan under the engine crankcase. Tip: Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of oil.
8. Clean the area around the oil drain plug.
9. Using a 6mm Allen socket, remove the drain plug and allow the oil to drain completely. This process will take approximately 15 minutes.
10. Locate the oil filter in the right rear wheel well and turn the filter counterclockwise with a 2.5-inch oil filter wrench to remove it.
11. Using a clean, dry cloth, clean the filter sealing surface on the crankcase. Ensure the old filter O-ring is completely removed.
12. Lubricate the O-ring on the new filter with a film of fresh engine oil, and ensure the O-ring is in good condition.
13. Install the new filter (part number 2521728) and rotate it clockwise by hand until the filter gasket contacts the sealing surface. Then turn it an additional three-quarters of a turn.
14. Clean any dirt or debris from the drain plug, and ensure the sealing surfaces are free of any burrs, nicks or scratches.
15. Remove the old sealing washer and install a new one on the drain plug.
16. Reinstall the drain plug, and torque to 13 ft-lbs (18 Nm).
17. Before continuing, clean any residual oil off the vehicle.
18. Add 5.5 quarts (5.2 L) of the recommended oil through the oil fill cap. Do not overfill. The recommended oil is Polaris PS-4 Extreme Duty Full Synthetic 0W-50 Engine Oil. The oil is part number 2889396 for one gallon and part number 2889395 for one quart.
19. Reinstall the oil fill cap.
20. Start the engine and allow it to idle for 1 to 2 minutes.
21. Stop the engine and allow the oil to drain back into the crankcase for 3 minutes.
22. While waiting, inspect the vehicle for any leaks.
23. Remove the dipstick and wipe with a clean shop towel. Reinstall the dipstick fully and remove again to inspect the oil level. Add oil as needed to bring the level to the upper mark on the dipstick.
24. Reinstall the dipstick and wipe up any residual oil.
25. Before continuing, dispose of the used oil and filter properly at your local recycling center.
26. Use a grease gun to grease all suspension grease zerks. Refer to your Owner's Manual to find all grease zerks for your vehicle.
27. Move to the rear of the vehicle to clean the spark arrestor. Allow the vehicle to cool completely before performing any spark arrestor maintenance.
- Remove the spark arrestor fastener with an 8mm socket.
- Carefully pull the spark arrestor out of the exhaust.
- Inspect the screen for wear and damage. Replace if necessary.
- Reinstall the spark arrestor into the exhaust and align the mounting hole.
- Reinstall the spark arrestor fastener, and torque to 8 ft-lbs (11 Nm).
28. Reinstall the cargo box by pivoting around the intakes and aligning the mounting holes.
29. Reinstall the four mounting fasteners, and torque to 7 ft-lbs (10 Nm).
Shop Engine Oil & Lubricants for your RZR Pro R.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
509® is a registered trademark of Teton Outfitters, LLC.
FOX® is a registered trademark of Fox Factory Inc.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.