|Required Tools and Supplies|
|6mm Socket||Safety Glasses|
|Torque Wrench||Shop Rags|
|General Purpose Grease||Air Filter (part number 7082101)|
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris ATV. To inspect and replace the air filter on your model year 2021 and newer Sportsman 450, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface. Ensure it is in PARK and set the parking brake.
2. Lift up on the rear of the seat and pull back to remove.
3. Before continuing, clean the area around the airbox with a clean cloth.
4. Release the six airbox cover clips and remove the cover.
5. Inspect the airbox cover seal for any wear or damage, and replace if necessary. The seal is part number 5813949.
6. Next, loosen the air filter hose clamp with a 6mm socket.
7. Carefully maneuver the air filter out of the airbox.
8. Inspect the filter for any excessive debris or damage, and replace if necessary. The air filter is part number 7082101.
9. Before continuing, clean out the inside of the airbox with a clean cloth.
10. Apply a small amount of general purpose grease to the sealing edges of the filter before reinstalling.
11. Reinstall the filter into the airbox, ensuring it is fully seated and resting on the filter supports.
12. Reinstall the hose clamp. Torque to 20 in-lbs (2 Nm).
13. Reinstall the airbox cover, making sure the cover seal is fully seated.
14. Secure the six cover clips.
15. Install the seat by aligning the front retaining tabs and pushing down in the rear.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Inc.