To properly transport your model year 2021 and newer Polaris Sportsman 450, follow these steps. Ensure your trailer and tie-down straps are properly rated for your vehicle weight. Always follow all warnings and precautions listed by the manufacturers.
1. Performing a quick inspection of your trailer to ensure it is clean and free of any major debris.
2. Before loading, always practice safe riding by wearing the required safety gear listed in your Owner's Manual.
3. Safely drive your vehicle onto the trailer. Do not transport the vehicle in a reverse direction on the trailer.
4. Place the vehicle in PARK, and verify the PARK position is displayed in the gauge.
5. Lock the parking brake, and ensure the vehicle does not roll.
6. Turn the engine off, and remove the key to prevent loss during transport.
7. Ensure the seat is properly secured and that the fuel cap is secure.
8. Ensure the front rack is properly latched.
9. Verify all accessories, if equipped, are properly secured.
10. Before securing the vehicle to the trailer, inspect the tie-down straps for any wear or damage, and replace if needed. Warning: Ensure your trailer and tie down straps are properly rated for your vehicle weight. Follow all warnings and precautions listed by the manufacturers. Failure to do so may cause serious injury or death.
11. Beginning at the front, attach the tie-down straps to the front tow hook. Then attach the straps to the trailer, and adjust as necessary. DO NOT attach tie straps to the front control arm bolt pockets.
12. Move to the rear of the vehicle and attach the tie-down straps to the rear tow bracket. Then attach the straps to the trailer, and adjust as necessary.
13. Evenly tighten the tie down straps until the suspension begins to compress.
14. Secure any extra length of the straps before transporting.
15. Perform a final inspection to ensure all tie-downs are tight and secure.
16. Finish by preparing your trailer for safe travel.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
509® is a registered trademark of Teton Outfitters, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Inc.