Always clean all dirt and debris away from the airbox area before servicing the air filter on your Polaris RANGER 1000 or RANGER CREW 1000. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing the air filter.
To clean or replace the air filter, follow these steps:
1. Place the transmission in PARK.
2. Tilt the rear cargo box to access the airbox.
3. Wipe the area around the airbox.
4. Release the two airbox cover latches and pull outward on the two tabs to remove the cover.
5. Inspect the airbox cover seal and replace if necessary.
6. Twist and pull the air filter to remove from the airbox.
7. Inspect the filter and replace if necessary. In dusty conditions, air filter replacement will be required more often. The air filter for your RANGER 1000 or RANGER CREW 1000 is part number 7082265. Caution: If the filter has been soaked with fuel or oil, it must be replaced. Do not attempt to clean the air filter.
8. Wipe the airbox thoroughly. Caution: Dirt or debris in the intake tube could result in severe engine damage. Always clean all dirt and debris from the intake tube before installing the filter.
9. Reinstall the filter, making sure it is fully seated. Caution: Use of non-Polaris-approved air filters may cause engine damage. Always use Polaris-approved replacement filters. Replacement filters are available at your Polaris Dealer.
10. Reinstall the airbox cover, ensuring the alignment mark is facing upward and the two tabs are aligned and secured. Then latch the airbox cover latches.
11. Lower the cargo bed.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Inc.