|Required Tools and Supplies|
|Torque Wrench||Drain Pan|
|Oil Filter Wrench||PS-4 Extreme Duty Full Synthetic Oil|
When changing the oil on your Polaris Phoenix 200, always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves. To change the oil and filter on a Phoenix 200, follow these steps:
1. Position the vehicle on a level surface in a well-ventilated area.
2. Place the transmission in gear.
3. Set the parking brake.
4. Run the engine at idle for 2 to 3 minutes. Stop the engine.
5. Clean the area around the engine oil cap.
6. Remove the oil cap and set aside.
7. Clean the area around the drain plug on the bottom of the engine crankcase.
8. Place a drain pan beneath the engine crankcase. Tip: Place a rag in the bottom of the drain pan to prevent the splashing of oil.
9. Remove the drain plug with a 17mm socket. Allow the oil to drain completely. Caution: Hot oil can cause burns to skin. Do not allow hot oil to contact skin.
10. Inspect the drain plug and O-ring. Replace the O-ring (part number 0452371) if necessary. The sealing surfaces on the drain plug and crankcase should be clean and free of burrs, nicks or scratches.
11. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 15 ft-lbs (21 Nm).
12. Clean the area around the oil filter.
13. Place the drain pan under the oil filter. Remove the oil filter using the appropriately sized oil filter wrench or socket, depending on your filter. The replacement oil filter is part number 2520724.
14. Using a clean, dry cloth, clean the filter sealing surface on the crankcase.
15. Lubricate the gasket on the new filter with a film of fresh engine oil. Check to make sure the gasket is in good condition.
16. Install the new filter and turn by hand until the filter gasket contacts the sealing surface, and then turn an additional 3/4 of a turn.
17. Add 1.26 quarts (1.2 liters) of the recommended oil. Do not overfill. PS-4 Extreme Duty Full Synthetic Oil is part number 2889395 for 1 quart (946 ml).
18. Reinstall the oil cap.
19. Clean any residual oil that may be left on the vehicle.
20. Start the engine and let it idle for 1 to 2 minutes.
21. Stop the engine and inspect for leaks.
22. Check the oil level and add oil as necessary to maintain the level at the center of the sight glass.
23. Discard used oil and filter properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.