The installation of a Polaris PRO HD Winch with Rapid Rope Recovery on your Sportsman XP 1000 includes the following steps:
- Preparation (:35)
- Opening the front rack and removing the front storage tray (:43)
- Disconnecting the battery (1:10)
- Removing the lower bumper cover and front bumper cover (2:10)
- Removing the winch cover (3:20)
- Checking the routing and connections (4:10)
- Installation of the winch assembly (4:50)
- Routing winch cables to the battery (7:25)
- Locating the main harness winch contactor connector (7:45)
- Connecting the control box (9:00)
- Routing wires to the battery (9:50)
- Mounting the control box (10:40)
- Mounting the wireless remote receiver (10:50)
- Routing and connecting wires to the battery (11:25)
- Securing wires to the main harness (12:20)
- Installation of the handlebar switch (13:30)
- Connecting the handlebar switch to the vehicle main wire harness (15:00)
- Mounting the wireless remote (15:20)
- Reinstallation of the front bumper cover (15:58)
- Connecting the wiring (16:58)
- Reinstallation of the front storage tray and closing the front rack (20:36)
- Testing wireless remote and winch operation (20:55)
View the entire line of Polaris winches or see your Polaris Dealer for more information. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
The Polaris PRO HD 3,500-Pound Winch with Rapid Rope Recovery is part number 2889471. For more information, view the installation instructions.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Inc.