Required Tools and Supplies
- 27mm Socket
- Flat-Head Screwdriver
- Multifunction Pliers
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RANGER.
To remove and install the key switch on your RANGER XP Kinetic, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure the vehicle is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Remove the two push-pin rivets from the front of the instrument cluster with multifunction pliers.
3. Slide the cluster toward the rear of the vehicle to disengage the retention tabs and carefully set the cluster on the console.
4. Hold the key switch from behind the console and carefully remove the switch nut with a 27mm socket.
5. Push the switch back through the hole in the console and pivot out to gain access to the connector.
6. Lift the tab on the connector and pull back to disconnect from the key switch. Tip: A flat-head screwdriver can be used to aid in releasing the connector tab.
7. Ensure the seal on the connector is not damaged and is fully seated.
8. Connect the connector to the key switch and ensure it is fully seated.
9. Align the notch above the switch with the notch in the console.
10. Reinstall the key switch through the console and secure with the retained nut.
11. Tighten the nut until fully seated.
12. Insert the instrument cluster retention tabs into the lower portion of the console. Instrument panel wiring not connected for video purposes.
13. Push the cluster forward until it is fully seated.
14. Align the mounting holes and reinstall the two push-pin rivets.
15. Finally, turn the vehicle on and verify proper operation.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.