Required Tools and Supplies
- 1/4-Inch (6mm) Drill Bit
- T40 TORX® Socket
- 10mm Sockets
- Torque Wrench
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your Polaris RZR.
To install the cargo box cover on your RZR XP, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Remove and retain the two screws and stepped washers from the cargo box with a T40 TORX® socket.
3. Remove and keep the two screws from the back of the cargo box.
4. Remove the cargo box by lifting the front up and backwards.
5. Hold the cargo cover to the vehicle cover box and mark the drill points. Remove the cover before drilling. Note: Clamps can be used to help hold the cover while you mark the points.
6. Use the drill points to drill 1/4-inch holes into the cargo box.
7. Assemble the flex latch lever using the latch lever, flex latch, clevis pin and push nut. Note: Make sure the latch lever is oriented correctly. The surface of the latch lever should be facing toward the rear of the vehicle.
8. Install the body and lever assembly onto the vehicle cargo box using a pin and push nuts to attach the body and lever assembly to the underside of the cargo bed.
9. Install the cover assembly by inserting the eight cover assembly screws into the holes drilled into the cargo box. Use a 10mm sockets to torque the screws to 9 ft-lbs (12 Nm).
10. Place the cargo box in the rear of the vehicle.
11. Loosely install stepped washers and attach to the cargo box with two screws. Torque to 88 in-lbs (10 Nm).
12. Insert two screws and attach the cargo box to the vehicle. Torque to 88 in-lbs (10 Nm).
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.