Required Tools and Supplies
- 8mm Allen Key
- 10mm Allen Key
- T10 TORX® Socket
- T14 TORX® Socket
- T25 TORX® Socket
- T40 TORX® Socket
- 6mm Socket
- 8mm Allen Socket
- 12mm Socket
- 13mm Socket
- 13mm Wrench
- Torque Wrench
- Multi-Function Pliers
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For more information on tools, read Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris GENERAL. To install the Premium Full Door with Hinged Window - Rear (part number 2889810) on your GENERAL 4 1000 or XP 4 1000, follow these steps.
Install and adjust the front doors before the rear doors. Reference GENERAL Premium Front Door Installation for more information.
1. Begin by placing the vehicle in park on a flat, level surface.
2. Turn the key to the off position and remove it from the vehicle.
3. To remove the rear seat, lift up on the left side seat latch lever. Remove the seat fully and set it aside. Repeat this process on the right side seat.
4. Remove the four screws from the bolster panel with a T25 TORX® socket.
5. Rotate the rear of the bolster out and remove it from the vehicle. Tip: Have one person hold and support the door, and a second person remove the hardware.
6. Remove the three screws and nut from the bolster panel frame with a 13mm socket, 13mm wrench and T40 TORX® socket.
7. Remove the bolster panel frame and rear door.
8. Remove the two screws, striker and push pin rivet with a T40 TORX®.
9. Repeat on the right side.
10. Remove the lower rear screw and nut from the top of the chassis C-pillar fitting with a 15mm socket.
11. Identify the 55mm long cap screw. Notice the difference between the 70mm and 55mm screws.
12. Install the upper left chassis-side hinge to the chassis C-pillar fitting using the 55mm long cap screw and nut. Torque to 40 ft-lbs (54 Nm) with a 10mm hex socket.
13. Install the lower left chassis-side hinge and left strut bracket using the 65mm hex flange bolt, spacer and nut. Torque to 40 ft-lbs (54 Nm).
14. Install the ball fitting to the left strut bracket and tighten the nut with a 9mm ratchet wrench and 9mm wrench.
15. Loosely install the upper left door-side hinge to the door frame using the two screws and conical spring washers with an 8mm Allen key. Make sure the cupped side of the washer is towards the hinge.
16. Grease the hinge fasteners with Polaris All Season Grease.
17. Install the left door assembly to the upper and lower chassis-side hinges. Tip: Have one person hold and support the door, and a second person remove the hardware.
18. For the upper hinge, use the hex socket cap screw, two thinner nylon washers and nut. Torque to 97 in-lbs (11 Nm) with a 10mm hex socket and 10mm wrench.
19. For the lower hinge, use the hex flange bolt, two thicker nylon washers and nut. Torque to 97 in-lbs (11 Nm) with a 10mm socket and 10mm wrench.
20. Install the strut to the ball fitting by firmly pushing the strut into the fitting. The retention clip will snap into place when the strut is fully seated.
21. Install the upper left B-pillar trim using the two brackets and screws with a T14 TORX® socket. Do not overtighten the screws.
22. Install the lower left B-pillar trim using the retained push pin rivet.
23. Install the brackets using the two screws with a T14 TORX® socket. Do not overtighten the screws.
24. Install the striker bracket to the chassis using the two screws with a T40 TORX® socket. Center the bracket, then tighten the screws.
25. Check the alignment of the door. Start by loosening the two upper door-side hinge screws along with the lower hinge screws.
26. With the hinges loose, close the door and adjust to ensure there is clearance from the front door, while maintaining contact with the vehicle chassis and the door perimeter seal.
27. Once the clearance and perimeter seal are verified, hold door in place and tighten the upper and lower hinges. Tip: Have one person hold and support the door in place, and a second person tighten the door hinges.
28. Torque the two upper and lower hinge screws to 17 ft-lbs (23 Nm) with a 13mm socket.
29. Ensure the door latch and pawl are properly positioned by slowly closing the door and noting the alignment.
30. Adjust the height and depth of the striker hardware accordingly to achieve the desired seal compression and door fairing. Torque to 71 in-lbs (8 Nm) with a 13mm socket.
31. Take the left side foam seal, peel the adhesive from the seal and firmly press the seal into place, then install the two plugs.
32. Repeat this procedure for the right side door.
33. To reinstall the rear left seat, press down on the seat to latch it into place. Make sure the seat is fully installed and repeat this process on the right side seat.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.