Required Tools and Supplies
- 1/4-Inch Socket
- 8mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Driven Clutch Spreader Tool
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For more information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Drive belt maintenance should only be performed after the vehicle has completely cooled. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris vehicle.
To inspect and replace the drive belt on your 2018 to 2022 RZR RS1, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and ensure it is in PARK.
2. Move to the left rear fender, disengage the two rubber straps and release the quarter-turn latch.
3. Disengage the retention tabs and pivot the panel out to remove.
4. Loosen the two clamps on the PVT duct and remove the hose with a 1-inch socket.
5. Remove the nine fasteners on the outer clutch cover with an 8mm socket.
6. Pivot the clutch cover around the shock guard and remove from the vehicle.
7. Inspect the cover seal for wear or damage and replace if necessary. The cover seal is part number 5417715.
8. Before continuing, take note of the drive belt direction of rotation. The belt must be installed in the same direction if reusing.
9. Insert the clutch spreader tool into the driven clutch sheave and turn clockwise to spread the sheaves.
10. Continue by working the belt off the driven clutch and then remove from the drive clutch.
11. Inspect the belt for any fraying, hour-glassing, loose cords, missing cogs, abrasions, burns or damage, and replace if needed. The replacement drive belt is part number 3211186.
12. Clean out the inside of the clutch covers thoroughly.
13. If replacing the belt, ensure the part number on the belt is facing outward when installed.
14. Loop the belt over the drive clutch and begin working it over the driven clutch sheave.
15. Remove the clutch spreader tool and rotate the clutch five to seven times to help seat the belt on the sheaves.
16. Pivot the drain screw on the clutch cover below the shock guard to reinstall the clutch cover.
17. Continue by reinstalling the nine fasteners on the cover and torque to 35 in-lbs (3 Nm).
18. Reinstall the PVT duct and torque the clamps to 35 in-lbs (3 Nm).
19. The rear panel features three retention areas. One on the rear of the panel, another in the middle on the heat shield, and two additional tabs that engage with the lower rocker panel.
20. Engage the rear retention tab first and pivot the panel in to secure the remaining tabs.
21. Latch the two straps and secure the quarter-turn latch.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.