|Required Tools and Supplies|
|Angle Drive Fluid||8mm Allen Socket|
|Drain Pan||Fluid Filler|
|Shop Rags||Safety Glasses & Nitrile Gloves|
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RZR. For optimal performance, always use Polaris-recommended fluids as described in your Owner’s Manual.
To change the front gearcase fluid on your RZR Pro R, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and place the vehicle in PARK.
2. Place a drain pan underneath the front gearcase drain plug. Tip: Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
3. Clean the area around the fill plug in the right front wheel well.
4. Using an 8mm Allen socket, remove the front gearcase fill plug and set aside. Tip: A long ball Allen with a 6-inch extension will aid in fill plug access.
5. Clean the area around the drain plug.
6. Remove the drain plug with an 8mm Allen socket and allow the fluid to drain completely.
7. Before reinstalling, clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs. Note that the drain plug has a magnetic tip and must be installed in the bottom of the gearcase.
8. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
9. Reinstall the drain plug and torque to 10-14-ft-lbs (14-19 Nm).
10. Fill the gearcase through the fill plug hole with 12.2 oz (360 ml) of the recommended fluid. The recommended fluid is Polaris ORV Angle Drive Fluid, part number 2889280.
11. Reinstall the gearcase fill plug and torque to 10-14-ft-lbs (14-19 Nm).
12. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
13. Dispose of the used fluid properly at your local recycling center.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
509® is a registered trademark of Teton Outfitters, LLC.
FOX® is a registered trademark of Fox Factory Inc.
Maxxis® is a registered trademark of Cheng Shin Rubber Ind. Co., Ltd.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.