Before you ride your Polaris Outlaw 50, perform the pre-ride inspection as described in your Owner’s Manual. Read, understand and follow all of the instructions, warnings and safety precautions in the Owner’s Manual and on all product labels. Failure to follow these instructions, warnings and safety precautions could result in serious injury or death.
During your pre-ride inspection, do the following:
1. Visually inspect the vehicle, looking for debris, leaks and worn components that may impair the vehicle’s operation.
2. Check the condition of the tires, looking for any sign of punctures or damage, and check tread depth.
3. Check the tire pressures and verify that they are to specification. The tire pressure should be 2 psi (13.8 kPa) for all tires.
4. Inspect the suspension and brakes for leaks, debris and damage.
5. Inspect the drive chain, ensuring proper installation and slack.
6. Remove the seat and inspect the intake system for blockage or debris, and clean as needed. Notice: DO NOT spray water directly into the intake system, as this can result in water intrusion to the engine.
7. Ensure the safety flag is properly installed.
8. Next, inspect the engine oil level. Ensure the vehicle is on a level surface.
- Remove the oil dipstick and wipe with a clean shop towel.
- Reinstall the oil dipstick fully and remove to inspect the oil level. Caution: Operating with insufficient, deteriorated or contaminated engine oil will cause accelerated wear and may result in engine or transmission seizure, which could result in loss of control and serious injury or death.
- Add oil as needed. Caution: Do not overfill. Overfilling can result in loss of engine performance and an oil-saturated air filter. Use a suction device to remove excess oil if overfilled.
9. Inspect the fuel level and add fuel as needed.
10. Inspect and set the speed limiter as needed.
11. Check the steering for smooth operation from full left to full right.
12. Operate the throttle and brake levers, taking note of any binding or sticking.
13. Check the choke lever for smooth operation.
14. Start the engine.
15. Verify proper operation of the headlight, taillight and brake lights.
16. Operate the horn and ensure it sounds loudly.
17. Turn the engine off using the start/stop switch and ensure it does not restart.
18. Ensure proper operation of the safety tether by pulling it out while the engine is running. The engine should turn off. Ensure the engine does not restart without the safety tether attached.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Inc.