This article provides instructions for installing the Polaris Diesel 15MPH Speed Limiter Kit (part number 2884133). For helpful images, view the installation instructions.
Required Tools and Supplies
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Socket Set, Metric
- Torque Wrench
- Paint Pen
- Diesel Speed Limiter Kit (part number 2884133)
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your Polaris vehicle.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, shift the transmission into PARK, turn the key to the OFF position and remove the key. Caution: Belt and clutches may be hot. Allow adequate time for belt and clutches to cool before performing installation.
2. Remove the CVT outer cover by removing the nine outer CVT cover bolts and removing the cover.
3. Mark the drive clutch cover plate's orientation to the moveable sheave with a paint pen or equivalent. Remove the clutch cover plate by slowly removing all the plate bolts evenly in a crisscross pattern. Tip: Noting the original location of these parts will help you properly reassemble the clutch.
4. Remove the drive clutch spring and retain for later use.
5. Remove any existing spacers that may have been previously installed.
6. Install both spacers into the shaft as shown: (1) is the .060-inch spacer and (2) is the .520-inch spacer.
7. Reinstall the drive clutch spring.
8. Reinstall the drive clutch cover by aligning the marks previously made on the cover with the marks on the movable sheave and then installing the outer drive clutch cover using the previously removed bolts. Torque in a crisscross pattern to 100 in-lbs (11 Nm).
9. Reinstall the CVT outer cover, and torque the cover bolts to 35 in-lbs (4 Nm).
10. Verify work. Make sure that all steps have been completed.
For more information or to purchase this kit, see your authorized Polaris Commercial Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.