Syncing your data allows RIDE COMMAND information to be shared between the website, app and in-vehicle display through the RIDE COMMAND Cloud.
Syncing ensures that your data—including tracked rides, routes, events, areas, collections, waypoints and vehicle data—has been backed up to a secondary location.
For example, if you save waypoints to the Polaris App, you can sync your data to transfer these waypoints to your vehicle's display.
Software and map updates are currently not supported via wireless connection, and can only be completed with a USB drive. Syncing data is a recommended step to take before updating the maps or software on your touchscreen display.
There are several ways to sync your RIDE COMMAND data.
RIDE COMMAND App and Website
When logged in to the Polaris App, the app will sync to the RIDE COMMAND Cloud automatically whenever the app is opened or closed.
You can also refresh the data on the Rides and Community tabs by pulling down on the screen. If you are in an area with no connectivity, you can sync your data once you have returned to an area with connectivity by pulling down on the screen to refresh or by reopening the app.
Note: If data does not sync automatically, close the Polaris App and relaunch.
Any activity on the RIDE COMMAND website will automatically sync to the Polaris App.
Wi-Fi Connection (If Equipped)
Some model year 2019 and newer vehicles are equipped with Wi-Fi connectivity, and can connect to a Wi-Fi network to enable data syncing.
1. Ensure your vehicle is connected to a Wi-Fi network. Read Connecting Your Vehicle to Wi-Fi for instructions.
2. Press the Polaris icon in the middle of the touchscreen display.
3. Tap ALL SETTINGS > GENERAL > RIDE COMMAND.
4. Enter your email and password to log in to your RIDE COMMAND account on the display.
5. Once logged in to the display, your data will sync automatically when the vehicle is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
USB Flash Drive
1. Plug an empty USB flash drive into your vehicle.
2. Press the Navigation hard button.
3. Open the Navigation menu.
4. Tap WAYPOINTS or RIDES.
5. Tap the Sync with USB button.
6. Tap YES to export all Waypoints/Rides.
Bluetooth® tethering, available on model year 2019 and newer vehicles, uses your phone’s personal hotspot to connect to the RIDE COMMAND Cloud. A standard Bluetooth® connection allows you to do things like take voice calls and play music, but a mobile hotspot or tether connection made through Bluetooth® allows your display to connect to the RIDE COMMAND Cloud by using your cell phone's data connection.
Cell coverage is required for tethering. Please check with your carrier to confirm your phone’s tethering capabilities. You do not need to open the Polaris App to allow your content to sync.
1. Visit the RIDE COMMAND website to make sure that your vehicle display is on the latest software.
2. Pair your phone and vehicle display with Bluetooth® if you have not already done so. Read Connecting Bluetooth® Devices to the 2019+ 7" Display Powered by RIDE COMMAND for step-by-step instructions.
3. Key your vehicle off.
4. Tether your phone. To set up a mobile hotspot and tether with your Android® phone, read Creating a Mobile Hotspot and Tether with Your Android®. To set up a personal hotspot with your iPhone, read Creating a Personal Hotspot with Your iPhone®.
5. On your vehicle display, tap the Polaris logo at the top, and go to All Settings in the lower right.
6. Tap on General in the left column, and then RIDE COMMAND Account in the list of settings.
7. Tap Sign In if you are not already signed in on the display, and enter your Polaris account email and password (the same one you use for the Polaris App on your phone).
8. Once signed in, turn on the Sync to Account option to ensure that your content automatically stays synced between your vehicle display and the RIDE COMMAND Cloud. You will not have to sign in each time, it will remain signed in until you sign out.
Once you set this up the first time, turn on your Personal Hotspot (iPhone®) or Mobile Hotspot (Android®) before you turn on your vehicle to automatically sync RIDE COMMAND data.
For more about RIDE COMMAND, read Guide to RIDE COMMAND for Off-Road Vehicles.
The Polaris App is available for iPhone® and iPad® and on Google Play®.
For more information, visit the RIDE COMMAND website.
Android® and Google Play® are registered trademarks of Google LLC
iPhone® and iPad® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth Sig, Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.