Required Tools and Supplies
- 3/8-Inch (9.5mm) Drill Bit
- 1/4-Inch (6mm) Drill Bit
- 5mm Allen Socket
- Tape Measure
- Eye Protection
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your snowmobile.
To install the Integrated Center Auxiliary Light Windshield kit in tall (part number 2890510), extra tall (part number 2890642) or full (part number 2890643) on your Polaris Snowmobile, follow these steps:
1. Park the snowmobile on a flat, level surface and set the parking brake.
2. Push the engine stop switch to the OFF position, turn the key to the OFF position and remove the key.
3. Remove the side panels by twisting the three quarter-turn fasteners toward the rear of the snowmobile to release, then remove.
4. Remove the existing windshield or bezel.
5. Remove the hood by turning the hood fasteners counterclockwise.
6. Pull the sides of the hood out away from the side panel fasteners.
7. Lift the hood up and away from the vehicle. Note: Disconnect the wiring when removing the hood.
8. Using the template included in the installation instructions, drill a hole in the marked location on the hood cap with a 3/8-inch (9.5 mm) drill bit, and set it aside.
9. If equipped with side aux lights, find and disconnect the left-side aux light from the power.
10. Connect the center aux light adapter to the harness with a two-pin female connector.
11. Connect the left-side aux light to the center aux light adapter with a two-pin male connector.
12. If the snowmobile does not have aux lights installed, proceed to install the wiring harness.
13. To install the wiring harness, measure a half inch down from the edge of the hood molding, then a half inch over. Drill your hole in this location with a 1/4-inch (6mm) drill bit. Note: Remove any accessory bags or items from the storage compartment before drilling the hole. Control the depth of the drilling to prevent damage.
14. Find the eight-pin female connector and attach the push-pin clip on the wiring harness.
15. Attach the wiring harness in the drilled hole using the push-pin clip on the eight-pin female connector.
16. Attach the four-pin female connector to the headlight.
17. Attach the four-pin male connector to the existing headlight connection on the snowmobile. Note: The four-pin male connector will look just like the four-pin female connector from the last step.
18. Remove the tape and protective cap from the existing power connection on the snowmobile. Retain the protective cap.
19. Connect the two-pin male connector to the power on the snowmobile.
20. Connect the two-pin male connector to the center aux light adapter.
21. To install the hood, open the hood storage compartment.
22. Route the center aux light adapter through the opening in the storage compartment.
23. Install the hood on the snowmobile and make sure the tabs fit inside the front pan. Note: Make sure to connect the hood wiring when reinstalling the hood.
24. Pull the sides of the hood out and install over the side panel fasteners.
25. Turn the hood fasteners clockwise to lock the hood.
26. Remove and discard the grommets if present.
27. Install three well nuts and make sure the nuts are firmly in place.
28. To install the windshield, pull out on the sides of the windshield retainer, then pull forward to remove from the snowmobile.
29. Remove the plastic plugs from the lower attachment points on the side of the snowmobile hood. Repeat on the other side. Note: If a windshield was previously installed on the snowmobile, these plugs may not be present.
30. Route the center aux light windshield jumper through the drilled hole in the hood cap.
31. Install the windshield assembly and pull the sides out to fit over the hood. Push the corners into place on the grommets. Tip: If re-installing the accessory windshield, pull the sides of the windshield apart when fitting over the auxiliary lights.
32. Align the mounting holes at the front of the windshield and attach using three screws. Tighten until fully seated with a 5mm Allen socket.
33. Install the three windshield retainer caps and install the top of the retainer cap. Snap the bottom into place.
34. Connect the center aux light windshield jumper to the center aux light adapter.
35. Close the hood storage compartment.
36. Install the side panel on the snowmobile by turning the three fasteners toward the front of the snowmobile to lock the panel. Repeat on the other side.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.