Required Tools and Supplies
- 3mm Allen Socket
- T15 TORX®
- T40 TORX®
- 10mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Side Cutters
- Adjustable Pliers
- Eye Protection
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your snowmobile.
To install the RGB Handguard Accent Light kit (part number 2884616) on your Polaris Snowmobile, follow these steps:
1. Park the snowmobile on a flat, level surface and set the parking brake.
2. Push the engine stop switch to the OFF position, turn the key to the OFF position and remove the key.
3. To remove the side panels, turn the three side panel latches toward the rear of the snowmobile to release and then remove.
4. To remove the hood, turn the hood fasteners counterclockwise to release.
5. Pull the sides of the hood out away from the side panel fasteners.
6. Lift the hood up and away from the vehicle. Note: Disconnect the wiring when removing the hood.
7. Remove the seat by turning the latch clockwise to unlock the seat.
8. Lift up on the rear of the seat and move back to remove.
9. To remove the console, remove and retain two push-pin rivets.
10. Remove and retain the two screws with a T40 TORX®.
11. Remove and retain the two screws and one push-pin rivet with a T40 TORX®.
12. Remove and retain the secondary clutch tool.
13. Remove the fuel cap and the fuel tank retainer nut. Tip: Place a towel over the retainer nut to avoid scratching. Use a large adjustable pliers to remove the fuel tank retainer nut.
14. Lift the switch panel from the cowl and lift it away from the snowmobile and set it to the right side of the snowmobile. Leave the starter pull handle attached. Important: Use caution when moving the cowl to the right side.
15. Re-install the fuel cap.
16. If handguards are already installed, remove and retain the two screws from the brackets with a T15 TORX®. Repeat on the other side.
17. Remove the handguard trim with a T15 TORX®.
18. Put the handguard accent light on the handguard mount.
19. Route the wiring through the slot in the handguard. Route it through the opening in the handguard mount. Important: Some Defend handguard mounts may not have been cut out. If the handguard mount does not have a cutout, installation of the handguard accent lights will require the install to cut a slot in the mount.
20. Attach the handguard accent light using the two retained screws. Tighten until fully seated.
21. Attach the wiring to the handguard mount using a strap. Repeat on the other side.
22. Install the handguard onto the handlebars and put the handguards next to the handlebar riser. Torque to 18 in-lbs (2 Nm) with a 3mm Allen socket and repeat on the other side.
23. Route the handguard accent light wiring along the steering post and connect to the harness.
24. Route the harness down toward the left side of the snowmobile.
25. Route the harness to the top of the footwell.
26. Remove the existing nut from the top of the footwell and attach the controller using the existing nut. Tighten until fully seated with a 10mm socket.
27. Remove the plug from the chassis connector and connect the harness.
28. Attach the wiring using cable ties.
29. Attach the harness to the chassis tube using a cable tie.
30. Attach the wiring to the steering post using cable ties.
31. To reinstall the console, first remove the fuel cap.
32. Place the cowl on the snowmobile, install the switch panel using clips and connect the switch wiring.
33. Connect the ignition switch wiring and also connect any other switch wiring, if equipped. Tip: Check for full left to full right steering ability.
34. Install the fuel tank retainer nut and the fuel cap. Tip: Use a large adjustable pliers to install the fuel tank retainer nut. Placing a towel over the retainer nut can eliminate scratching.
35. Install the two screws, and torque to 70 in-lbs (8 Nm).
36. Install the two screws and one push-pin rivet. Torque to 70 in-lbs (8 Nm).
37. Install the secondary clutch tool.
38. Install the two push-pin rivets.
39. Reinstall the seat by hooking the front of the seat into position.
40. Put the rear of the seat into the latch, and turn the latch clockwise to lock the seat.
41. To reinstall the hood, make sure the tabs fit inside the front pan. Note: Make sure to connect the hood wiring when reinstalling the hood.
42. Turn the hood fasteners clockwise to lock the hood.
43. To reinstall the side panel, put the panel on the snowmobile and turn the fastener toward the front of the snowmobile to lock into place. Repeat on the other side panel.
45. In your phone’s device settings, pair the controller to the app on the phone. When the controller is paired, it will appear at the top of the phone’s device list.
46. The Snow Glow App will guide you through the apps features and how to control the lights.
View the installation instructions for diagrams.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
App Store® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
Google Play® and YouTube® are registered trademarks of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.