Required Tools and Supplies
- Shop Rags
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- 13/16-Inch Crowfoot Wrench
- Torque Wrench
- Spark Plug Wrench
- Spark Plugs
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile.
To inspect and replace the spark plugs on your Polaris Pro-RMK AXYS with a 3-inch track, follow these steps:
1. Park the sled on a flat, level surface.
2. Remove both side panels by releasing the rubber strap and turning the two quarter-turn latches. Pull the panels out and lift up to remove.
3. Disconnect the two hood latches.
4. Lift the hood up slightly to gain access to the connector underneath.
5. Disconnect the connector and remove the hood from the sled.
6. If needed, the intake can be removed to gain additional clearance.
7. Remove both spark plug leads.
8. Clean the area around the spark plug to prevent debris from falling into the engine.
9. Remove the spark plug wrench from the spark plug holder.
10. Use the spark plug wrench to loosen the two spark plugs and remove from the vehicle.
11. Inspect the electrodes for wear and carbon buildup. The spark plug should have a sharp outer edge with no rounding or erosion of the electrodes.
12. Inspect and adjust the spark plug gap, if needed. The gap should be 0.027 inches (0.7mm).
13. If necessary, replace with the recommended spark plug. The spark plug is NGK® BPR 9ES, part number 3022082.
14. Install the spark plugs into the engine. Torque to 18 to 22 ft-lbs (24 to 30 Nm) with a 13/16-inch crowfoot wrench.
15. Reinstall the spark plug leads and ensure they are secure.
16. Reinstall the spark plug wrench in its holder.
17. Reinstall the intake if previously removed.
18. Reinstall the hood panel, ensuring the tabs in front are properly engaged.
19. Reconnect the connector underneath and verify it is secure.
20. Continue by securing the two hood panel latches.
21. Reinstall both side panels by aligning the tabs at the bottom and top. Secure the rubber strap and the two quarter-turn latches.
22. Finally, start the engine to ensure proper operation.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
NGK® is a registered trademark of NGK Spark Plug Co., Ltd.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.