|Required Tools and Supplies|
|Shop Rags||Straight Edge|
|Measuring Tool||Torque Wrench|
|1/8-Inch Allen Wrench and 7/16-Inch Wrench||Eye Protection|
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile. To inspect and adjust the drive belt deflection on your Polaris Pro-RMK AXYS, follow these steps. Always measure belt deflection with both clutches at rest in their full neutral position.
1. Park the snowmobile on a flat, level surface.
2. Remove the left side panel by releasing the rubber strap and turning the two quarter-turn latches. Pull the panel out and lift up to remove.
3. Next, place a straight edge on the belt.
4. Then apply downward pressure between the clutches to measure the deflection. The deflection should be 1¼ inches (3.2 cm).
5. If adjustment is needed, remove the clutch spreader tool and spread the panels apart as needed.
6. Next, use a 7/16-inch wrench to loosen the jam nut on the belt width adjuster.
7. Using a 1/8-inch Allen wrench, turn the set screw inward to increase the distance between the sheaves or outward to decrease the distance.
8. Once deflection has been set, hold the set screw and lightly tighten the jam nut.
9. Next, remove the clutch spreader tool and spread the clutch 1/2 inch.
10. Then torque the jam nut to 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm).
11. Next, remove the straight edge.
12. Then remove the clutch spreader tool while spinning the belt clockwise and reinstall the clutch spreader tool.
13. Recheck belt deflection and repeat this process as needed.
14. Next, reinstall the side panel by inserting the tabs at the bottom and top.
15. Finally, secure the rubber strap and latch the two quarter-turn latches.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Inc.