|Required Tools and Supplies|
|Shop Rags||3/16-Inch Allen Socket|
|Safety Glasses||Nitrile Gloves|
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile. To change the engine oil on a Polaris 120 INDY, follow these steps:
1. Ensure the vehicle is on a flat, level surface.
2. Lift the rear of the snowmobile off the ground slightly with an appropriate lift.
3. Remove the safety tether and release the rubber straps on each side of the hood. Lift up to access the oil dipstick.
4. Clean the area around the dipstick. Tip: Place a rag under the dipstick to catch any escaping oil.
5. Remove the dipstick and set aside.
6. Clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Place a drain pan under the drain plug, located under the bulkhead and in front of the engine. Tip: Place a rag in the drain pan to prevent the splashing of oil.
8. Remove the drain plug with a 3/16-inch Allen socket and allow the oil to drain completely.
9. Clean any dirt and debris from the drain plug. Inspect the O-ring and replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 10 ft-lbs (13.5 Nm).
11. Safely lower the vehicle.
12. Add the recommended amount of oil through the oil fill hole. The oil capacity is 20 ounces (0.6 L). Tip: Polaris recommends using Performance Synthetic 4-Stroke oil (PS-4 or PS-4 Plus) for the 120 INDY. To purchase engine oil, see your Polaris Dealer or visit the Engine Oil & Lubricants page.
13. Wipe the dipstick with a clean, dry cloth.
14. Insert the dipstick without threading in.
15. Remove the dipstick and inspect the oil level.
16. If the oil level is below the lower mark on the dipstick, add the recommended oil to maintain the level between the safe marks.
17. Reinstall the dipstick fully.
18. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and dispose of the used oil properly.
19. Close the hood, secure the rubber straps and the safety tether.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.