Required Tools and Supplies:
- Shop Rags
- 6mm Allen Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Fluid Filler
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your INDY EVO or RMK EVO.
To change the chaincase fluid on a Polaris EVO, follow these steps:
1. Ensure the vehicle is on a flat, level surface.
2. Set the parking brake.
3. Clean the area around the fill plug.
4. Remove the fill plug with a 6mm Allen socket and set it aside.
5. Place a drain pan underneath the drain plug. Tip: Place a rag in the bottom of the drain pan to prevent the splashing of fluid.
6. Clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Remove the drain plug with a 6mm Allen socket and allow the fluid to drain completely.
8. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace them if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 6 to 10 ft-lbs (8-13 Nm).
11. Fill the chaincase through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The fluid capacity is 9 ounces (266 milliliters). The chaincase fluid is part number 2873105 for one quart or part number 2873106 for one gallon.
12. Reinstall the fill plug. Torque to 6 to 10 ft-lbs (8-13 Nm).
13. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle.
14. Dispose of the used fluid properly.
Looking for information on adjusting drive chain tension? Read INDY EVO and RMK EVO Drive Chain Tension Adjustment.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Caliber® is a registered trademark of Caliber, Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.