Parts, Apparel & Accessory Warranty
Each part, garment and accessory we design is meticulously crafted to match your vehicle. By the time it gets to you, each item has been tested in our labs and in the field, so you can ride with 100% confidence. We’ve earned riders’ trust over decades and we stand behind our work. Because of this, we are proud to offer the following warranties to the original owner against manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship.
I. LIMITED WARRANTY
- Apparel and accessories – One year*
- Helmets – One year (repair or replacement only)
- Service parts – Thirty (30) days
- Batteries - Six (6) months
- Generators - Three (3) years
- Off-Road Vehicle drive shafts - One year
* A few specialty items, such as our Tech 54 Snowmobile jackets and bibs, carry a three (3) year limited warranty.
If your part, garment and accessory (“PG&A”) covered by this warranty fails due to a manufacturing defect we will repair it without charge, or replace it, at our discretion. All PG&A replaced under this warranty become the property of Polaris Industries Inc. Damage not covered under warranty may be repaired or replaced for a reasonable rate and a fee will be charged for return shipping. Any PG&A products not specifically included above are hereby excluded.
The applicable PG&A warranty starts from the consumer purchase date (verified via receipt) or the factory vehicle warranty, whichever is greater. Customers are responsible for providing a proof of purchase.
Factory-installed parts and accessories are covered for the duration of the manufacturer’s Factory Warranty for both parts and labor. Once outside the Factory Warranty, the applicable part or accessory is covered for the remainder of the 12-month limited warranty above but does not include labor.
II. WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS
The applicable PG&A limited warranty noted in Section 1 shall not apply under the following circumstances:
- PG&A where applicable proof of purchase date and/or installation date are not available and are not presented
- Damage caused by accident
- Damage caused by misuse, abuse or neglect
- Lack of reasonable and proper maintenance
- Repairs improperly performed or replacements improperly installed
- Modification to original parts
- Water submersion and/or ingestion
- Use of replace or aftermarket parts or accessories not intended for or conforming to applicable Polaris® vehicle specifications, warnings and instructions
- Use in competitive races, stunts or other related activities and events
- PG&A purchased from an unauthorized Polaris® dealer or retailer
- PG&A purchased from third-party internet sites, including auction sites and regional trading sites except for the following: Amazon, eBay (brand store only)
- Wear, scratches, chips and cracks to paint, finishing or coating
- Normal wear and tear, including natural breakdown of colors and materials over extended time and use
- Any parts that are normal maintenance items, which are replaced, cleaned or adjusted as normal owner maintenance unless such parts are defect in material or workmanship
- PG&A that is discontinued and no longer available from Polaris®
In the event of repair or replacement, Polaris® cannot guarantee color match PG&A due to inventory availability.
EXCEPT WHERE SPECIFICALLY REQUIRED BY LAW, THERE IS NO WARRANTY OR SERVICE BULLETIN COVERAGE ON ANY PG&A IF IT IS SOLD OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY OF THE SELLING DEALER’S OR RETAILLER’S AUTHORIZED LOCATION. This policy does not apply to PG&A that has received written authorization for export from Polaris®. Dealers and retailers may not give authorization for export. Consult an authorized dealer or retailer to determine warranty or service coverage. This policy does not apply to PG&A registered to government officials or military personnel on assignment outside of the country of the selling dealer’s or retailer’s authorized location. This policy does not apply to Safety Bulletins.
III. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
A. The liability of Polaris® under this PG&A Limited Warranty is limited solely to the remedying of defects in material or workmanship by an authorized Polaris® dealer or retailer at its place of business during customary business hours. This warranty does not cover inconvenience or loss of use of the vehicle or transportation of the vehicle to or from the Polaris® dealer or retailer. POLARIS® SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY OTHER EXPENSES, LOSS OR DAMAGE, WHETHER DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY, ARISING OUT OF, RELATED TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PG&A OR RELATED POLARIS® VEHICLE FOR ANY PURPOSE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY.
B. NO EXPRESS WARRANTY IS GIVEN BY POLARIS® EXCEPT AS SPECIFIALLY SET FORTH HEREIN. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY BY LAW, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IS LIMITED TO THE EXPRESS WARRANTY TERMS STATED IN THIS WARRANTY. THE FOREGOING STATEMENTS OF WARRNTY ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER REMEDIES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY.
C. NO Polaris® dealer or retailer is authorized to modify this PG&A Limited Warranty.
VI. LEGAL RIGHTS
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
VII. GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE; SEVERABILITY
To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, this PG&A Limited Warranty and any disputes arising out of this warranty shall be governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota, excluding conflicts of law principles and excluding the Convention for the International Sale of Goods. Any dispute arising under or claim for breach of this Limited Warranty shall be resolved through binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). If any provision of this warranty is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect any remaining provisions.
VIII. HOW TO SUBMIT A PG&A WARRANTY CLAIM
Where your item was purchased will change the submission process. See below for instructions based on purchase method.
- Online from a Polaris® website or an authorized online store: click to call or email
- At an authorized Polaris® dealership or retailer: Contact your dealer
- All others: contact the third-party dealer and/or website directly