|Required Tools and Supplies
|5mm Allen Socket
|6mm Allen Socket
|8mm Allen Socket
|9mm Allen Socket
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your Polaris XPEDITION.
Before installing the Hood Rack - Stock Bumper (part number 2889387), first install the Bull Bumper (part number 2884492). Before installing the Hood Rack - HD Bumper (part number 2884503), first install the HD Bumper (part number 2891009). Read 2024 Polaris XPEDITION HD Front Bumper Installation for instructions.
To install the Hood Rack on your Polaris XPEDITION, follow these steps.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK and remove the key.
2. If a tip-out windshield is equipped, begin by opening the windshield and support the weight of the windshield.
3. Remove the two screws and ball stud from the lower A-Pillar trim panel with a T30 TORX®. Tip: Use the appropriate tool to release the clip at the lower end of the gas spring. Use care when releasing this clip. It may spring away from the fitting and may strike objects or become lost.
4. Pull the A-pillar trim piece away from the vehicle and set it aside.
5. If mirrors are equipped, remove the push-pin rivet from the side of the mirror assembly and set it aside. Repeat on the other side.
6. To install the HD Bumper (part number 2884503), remove the screws that hold the tube loop on the top of the HD Bumper with a 6mm Allen socket. Note: The Stock Bumper (part number 2889387) will be slightly different.
7. Install the hood rack on the top of the HD Bumper with six screws. Do not torque at this time.
8. Start by loosely assembling two brackets. Each bracket is assembled from two mounting clamps, two socket head screws and two hex nuts. Use a 5mm Allen socket and 10mm socket.
9. Tighten each bracket until the nut engages the locking channel on the clamp. Tip: Make sure that the clamps are loose enough to mount to the ROPS.
10. Install the clamps on the front tube of the ROPS with a 5mm Allen socket. Tip: Clamp bolt heads should face toward the outside of the vehicle.
11. Connect the left hood rack to the front hood rack with two screws. Do not torque at this time. Repeat this process on the other side.
12. Install the mount, screw and nut on each side of the hood rack with a 6mm Allen socket. Do not torque at this time.
13. Install the screws to connect the mount to the clamp with a 9mm Allen socket. Do not torque at this time.
14. Install four Lock and Ride anchors to the main rack with a 13mm socket. Note: You may need to adjust the Lock and Ride assembly.
15. Make sure all Lock and Ride anchors are unlocked.
16. Lower the main rack onto the assembled frame and actuate the Lock and Ride anchors.
17. Torque to 20 ft-lbs (27 Nm) with an 8mm Allen socket.
18. Tighten all screws until fully seated. Do not torque at this time.
19. To install the sail panel trim, trim the panels to fit around the hood rack clamps. Watch the video above or reference the installation instructions for a diagram.
20. Take the modified sail panel and install the push-pin rivet on the inside. Tip: If needed, remove and re-trim the cutout area to achieve a proper fit.
21. Reinstall the inside trim piece. Repeat this process on the other side.
22. Torque the HD Bumper screws to 20 ft-lbs (27 Nm).
23. If needed, move the clamp up or down to position the clamp properly. Tighten screws to 9 ft-lbs (12 Nm) with a 13mm socket, and repeat on the other side. Note: Apply inward pressure on the clamp and alternate between two socket head screws on each clamp to fully seat and achieve full torque. Alternate between screws 3-5 times.
24. Torque screws to 16 ft-lbs (22 Nm) with a 6mm Allen socket, and repeat on the other side.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.