This video goes over the installation of the Adjustable Folding Side Mirrors (part number 2884491).
Required Tools and Supplies
- Torque Wrench
- 8mm Allen Socket
- 15mm Socket
- T30 TORX®
- Multi-Function Pliers
- Shop Rags
- Nitrile Gloves
- Eye Protection
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your Polaris XPEDITION.
To install the Side Mirror Kit on your Polaris XPEDITION XP or ADV, follow these steps.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK.
2. Turn the key to the OFF position and remove the key.
3. Locate the outer A-Pillar trim piece, also called the sail panel, and remove. Keep the push-pin rivet from the rear of the panel.
4. Remove and keep the two screws from the inner panel on the ROPS.
5. Pull the panel outward and pull toward the front of the vehicle to remove. Note: If the vehicle is equipped with full or half door, the door must be fully opened to remove or install the outer sail panel.
6. Assemble the mirror to the panel by installing a washer and spacer into the bottom hole. Install the nylon washer, nut and cap into the top hole, and torque to 11 ft-lbs (15 Nm).
7. To install the new panel, insert the bottom tab and push the panel toward the rear of the vehicle and then push inward to install.
8. Install the two kept screws. Torque to 42 in-lbs (4.7 Nm).
9. Install the push-pin rivet in the sail panel. Repeat on the other side.
10. Adjust the mirror to the desired location. Tightness of the mirror can be adjusted by tightening or loosening the screw at the bottom of the mirror.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.