This video goes over the installation of the Headache Rack (part number 2889409-458).
Required Tools and Supplies
- 5mm Allen Socket
- 10mm Socket
- T40 TORX® Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris vehicle.
To install the rear windshield protector on your Polaris XPEDITION XP or XP 5, follow these steps.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Loosely assemble the provided bracket assembly by aligning the mounting holes on the two brackets.
3. Insert two of the provided fasteners and loosely secure with two of the provided hex nuts.
4. Repeat this process for the remaining clamp assemblies.
5. With a 5mm Allen socket and 10mm socket, tighten each bracket on all assemblies until the nut barely engages the locking channel on the clamp. Note: The clamps need to be very loose to ensure the mounts will fit on the ROPS.
6. Align the mounting clamp on the back of protector with the heads on the fasteners facing outward for tightening.
7. Loosely install two of the provided fasteners through the front of the protector to secure the clamps.
8. With the aid of an assistant, attach the assembly to the side of the ROPS behind the cab. Light force may be required to fit the clamp around the ROPS. Do not tighten the fasteners at this time.
9. Ensure the assembly is centered on the ROPs.
10. Tighten all the fasteners with a 5mm Allen socket until fully seated to keep the protector in the desired position.
11. Torque the clamp fasteners to 9 ft-lbs (12 Nm) with a T40 TORX® specification. Alternate between the two clamp fasteners on each clamp to fully seat and achieve full torque. Alternate between the fasteners three to five times.
12. Torque the protector fasteners to 20 ft-lbs (27 Nm).
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.