Storing RANGER XP Kinetic
To store your vehicle, follow these steps:
1. Begin by inspecting your vehicle and making any necessary repairs.
3. Park the vehicle in a well ventilated area, out of the sun and in a cool, dry place.
4. Turn the key off and remove from the vehicle.
5. If equipped, DO NOT set the parking brake.
6. Verify that tire pressure is at specification and inflate the tires if necessary.
7. Block the wheels to prevent rolling.
8. Ensure the high-voltage battery pack or packs have a state of charge of 60%. Note: DO NOT cover the vehicle while the charger is connected, as dangerous levels of hydrogen gas could accumulate.
9. Inspect the demand drive fluid, rear gearcase fluid, if a rear gearcase is equipped, and the brake fluid, and add or change fluids as needed.
10. Cover the vehicle with a Polaris cover. Note: Do not use plastic or coated materials, as they do not allow enough ventilation to prevent condensation and may promote corrosion and oxidation.
11. If storing for longer periods of time, check the state of charge monthly to ensure it does not fall below 30%. Charge the vehicle back up to 60% if it falls below. Warning: The battery pack can be discharged to the point where it will no longer be able to charge. The vehicle is designed to prevent this and will hibernate after 30 days of non-use without charging. It is still recommended to charge the vehicle occasionally to ensure the battery pack stays charged.
Removing RANGER XP Kinetic from Storage
To remove your vehicle from storage, follow these steps:
1. Begin by removing your Polaris cover, if installed.
2. Open the charge compartment lid and remove the charger cap.
3. Insert the charger into the charging port, and allow the battery pack or packs to fully charge for 24 hours before the next use. This will allow enough time for optimal battery cell balance to be restored.
4. Once fully charged, remove the charger to reinstall the charger cap and close the charging compartment lid.
5. Verify that tire pressure is at specification, and inflate the tires if necessary.
6. Perform the Pre-Ride inspection as described in your Owner's Manual.
7. Lubricate the vehicle and change the fluids at the intervals outlined in periodic maintenance chart in the Owner's Manual.
8. Inspect the vehicle for rodent damage or nests in flat spaces between components.
To learn more about this vehicle, read RANGER XP Kinetic Overview.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.