|Required Tools and Supplies|
|Safety Glasses & Nitrile Gloves||Shop Rags|
|Demand Drive Fluid||Drain Pan|
|Fluid Filler||8mm Allen Socket|
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves while servicing your Polaris Scrambler. To replace the front gearcase fluid on your Scrambler XP 1000 S, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat level surface.
2. Place the vehicle in PARK.
3. Set the parking brake.
4. Place a drain pan underneath the front gearcase.
5. Clean the area around the fill plug in the right front wheel well. Tip: Place a rag in the bottom of the drain pan to prevent the splashing of oil.
6. Remove the front gearcase fill plug with an 8mm Allen socket.
7. Clean the area around the drain plug.
8. Remove the drain plug with an 8mm Allen socket. Allow the oil to drain completely.
9. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
10. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
11. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 19 ft-lbs (26 Nm).
12. Fill the gearcase through the fill plug hole until oil reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The gearcase capacity is 9.3 ounces (275 ml). Demand Drive Fluid is part number 2877922 for 1 quart (946 ml).
13. Reinstall the gearcase fill plug. Torque to 19 ft-lbs (26 Nm).
14. Clean any residual oil off the vehicle inspect for leaks.
15. Dispose of the used oil properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.