Required Tools and Supplies
- 25mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Adjustable Pliers
- Flat-Head Screwdriver
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile. To remove and install the ignition switch on your 650 or 850 PRO RMK Matryx or Matryx Slash, follow these steps:
1. Ensure the snowmobile is on a flat, level surface and remove the key.
2. Remove the fuel cap using care to ensure no dirt or debris enters the fuel tank.
3. Remove the plastic fuel filler neck nut with adjustable pliers.
4. Reinstall the fuel cap to prevent debris from falling into the fuel tank.
5. Carefully remove and retain the ignition switch nut.
6. Press in on the front on both sides of the switch panel and tilt the panel back to remove the tabs from the console.
7. Pull the switch forward through the hole in the switch panel and pivot out to gain access to the connector.
8. Push in on the connector tab and pull back to disconnect from the ignition switch. Tip: A flat-head screwdriver can be used to aid in releasing the connector tab.
9. Connect the connector to the ignition switch and ensure it is fully seated.
10. Align the notch above the switch with the notch in the switch panel.
11. Reinstall the ignition switch through the switch panel and secure with the retained nut.
12. Torque the nut to 50 in-lbs (5.65 Nm) while holding the ignition switch.
13. Press in on the front on both sides of the switch panel and reinsert the tabs into the console.
14. Remove the fuel cap, ensuring no dirt or debris enters the fuel tank.
15. Reinstall the plastic fuel filler nut and tighten until fully seated.
16. Reinstall the fuel cap.
17. Finally, start the vehicle to ensure proper operation.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2024 Polaris Industries Inc