|Tools and Supplies Required
|T40 TORX® Socket
|Dielectric Grease or Petroleum Jelly
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile. To remove and install the battery on your model year 2022 or newer Matryx platform Voyageur, follow these steps:
1. Park the snowmobile on a flat, level surface, and remove the key.
2. Remove the right side panel by turning the three quarter-turn latches. Pivot the panel away from the sled and pull out to remove.
3. Remove the fastener on the lower-right side of the console with a T40 TORX® socket.
4. Remove the push-pin rivet securing the lower right portion of the console with a pliers.
5. Continue by removing the push-pin rivet underneath securing the right fender to the footrest.
6. Remove the rubber battery strap with a pick.
7. Lift the battery cover up and out of the sled.
8. Using a 10mm socket, remove the negative battery cable first to prevent arcing and set aside.
9. Pull the positive cable protector boot back to access the fastener underneath.
10. Using a 10mm socket, remove the positive battery cable and set aside. Reinstalling the fasteners into the battery posts will help prevent misplacement.
11. Lift the battery up and pull out from the snowmobile.
12. Before continuing, clean out the inside of the battery tray with a clean cloth.
13. If reinstalling the battery, ensure it is fully charged and free of any debris or damage. Follow the instructions in the Battery Charging section of your Owner’s Manual before installing the battery. If replacing the battery on your 650, replace with part number 4013045. If replacing the battery on your ProStar S4, replace with part number 4014609.
14. Carefully reinstall the battery into the snowmobile.
15. Reinstall the positive cable first to prevent arcing. Torque to 36 in-lbs (4 Nm), and reinstall the protector boot.
16. Reinstall the negative cable. Torque to 36 in-lbs (4 Nm).
17. Before continuing, apply a light film of dielectric grease or petroleum jelly to both terminals.
18. Verify the cables are secure and properly routed.
19. Carefully reinstall the battery cover over the battery.
20. Reinstall the cover strap by hooking it to the tab behind the battery and securing it to the front tab.
21. Reinstall the push-pin rivet underneath the console.
22. Install the push-pin rivet on the lower-right portion of the console.
23. Reinstall the lower console fastener. Torque to 71 in-lbs (8 Nm).
24. Reinstall the side panel by inserting the upper tab and pivoting in to engage the lower tab.
25. Latch the three quarter-turn latches to secure the panel.
26. Finish by starting the snowmobile to verify the battery has been connected properly. When the battery is disconnected, the vehicle’s clock may need to be reset.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
Hayes is a registered trademark of Hayes Bicycle Group, Inc.
Yuasa® is a registered trademark of GS Yuasa Corporation
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.