|Required Tools and Supplies
|Flat Head Screwdriver
|Upper Shock Nut (part number 7548030)
|Bearing Carrier Nut (part number 7548031)
|Lower Shock Fastener (part number 7521334-140)
|Upper Control Arm Nut (part number 7548031)
|Lower Shock Nut (part number 7548030)
|Upper Shock Fastener (part number 7521344-65)
|Upper Control Arm Fastener (part number 7521335-180)
|Bearing Carrier Fastener (part number 7521335-130)
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris XPEDITION.
To remove and install the rear upper control arm on your Polaris XPEDITION XP or ADV, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Remove the wheel from the vehicle.
- Loosen the lug nuts with a 19mm socket with breaker bar while the vehicle is on the ground, but do not remove them at this time.
- Safely elevate the vehicle. Reference your Owner’s Manual for proper lifting techniques.
- Once safely elevated, remove the lug nuts and set aside.
- Remove the wheel and set aside.
3. Remove the upper shock fastener with a 18mm socket and 18mm wrench, and discard the nut.
4. Remove the upper shock fastener, washer and nut with a 18mm socket and 18mm wrench. Discard the fastener and nut.
5. Remove and discard the lower shock fastener.
6. Pivot the shock towards the wheel hub while moving the top of the shock towards the passenger side of the vehicle.
7. Move the bottom of the shock towards the center of the vehicle and pivot the top of the shock out of the wheel well.
8. Remove the silencer mounting fasteners on the exhaust with a 14mm socket.
9. Move the silencer toward the driver’s side of the vehicle to disengage it from the isolators and remove from the vehicle.
10. Remove the upper bearing carrier fastener, washer and nut with a 21mm socket and 21mm wrench.
11. Remove and discard the upper control arm fastener and nut with a 21mm socket and 21mm wrench.
12. Remove the arm from the vehicle.
13. If reusing the control arm, thoroughly clean with a shop rag before reinstalling.
14. Inspect the control arm bushings and pivot tube for wear or damage and replace as needed. Note: When reinstalling the bushings, ensure the tapered side is inserted into the arm. Also ensure the control arm bushings are fully installed inside the arm before installing the pivot seals.
15. Inspect the bearing carrier bushings and pivot tube for wear or damage and replace as necessary. Note: When reinstalling the bushings, ensure the tapered side is inserted into the carrier. Also ensure the bushings are fully installed inside the carrier before installing the pivot seals.
16. Align the upper control arm with the mounting holes and install new fasteners from the rear. Secure with the retained washers and new nuts.
17. Align the arm with the bearing carrier and install a new fastener. Secure with the retained washer and a new nut.
18. Inspect the silencer gasket for any wear or damage and replace if necessary.
19. Align the silencer with the isolators and slide the silencer towards the exhaust.
20. Reinstall the silencer fasteners from the passenger side, and torque to 22 ft-lbs (30 Nm).
21. Insert the shock rod into the lower control arm and pivot the top of the shock into the upper mount.
22. Align the lower shock with the mounting hole and install a new fastener from the rear of the vehicle. Secure with the retained washer and a new nut.
23. Install a new upper shock fastener with the retained washer from the front of the vehicle and secure with a new nut.
24. Torque the control arm fastener to 148 ft-lbs (200 Nm).
25. Torque the bearing carrier fastener to 148 ft-lbs (200 Nm).
26. Torque the upper and lower shock fasteners to 88 ft-lbs (120 Nm).
27. Install the wheel on the vehicle and tighten the lug nuts until fully seated.
28. Once installed, safely lower the vehicle until the tires begin to touch the ground. This will help keep the wheel in place when torquing.
29. Once lowered, torque the lug nuts to 120 ft-lbs (163 Nm) in a crisscross pattern.
30. Finally, lower the vehicle completely.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.