|Required Tools and Supplies
|6mm Allen Socket
|2.5-inch Oil Filter Wrench
|Drain Plug Washer
|PS-4 Engine Oil
For more information on tools, read Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RANGER. For optimal performance, always use Polaris-recommended fluids as described in your Owner’s Manual. The Full Synthetic Oil Change Kit, part number 2202166, and Full Synthetic Extreme Duty Oil Change Kit, part number 2890056, contain the oil filter and the required oil to perform this service.
To change the engine oil and filter on your 2022+ RANGER SP 570, RANGER SP 570 Premium or RANGER SP 570 NorthStar Edition, follow these steps.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface in a well-ventilated area and ensure the transmission is in PARK.
2. Start the engine and allow it to warm up at idle for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Stop the engine.
4. Pull up on the cargo box latch and pivot the box up.
5. Carefully clean the area around the oil cap.
6. Continue by removing the oil cap and setting it aside.
7. Place a drain pan under the engine crankcase. Tip: Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of oil.
8. Clean the area around the oil drain plug.
9. Remove the drain plug with a 6mm Allen socket and allow the oil to drain completely.
10. Before continuing, position a shop towel underneath the oil filter to catch spillage.
11. Using a 2.5-inch oil filter wrench, turn the oil filter counterclockwise to remove.
12. Using a clean, dry cloth, clean the filter sealing surface on the crankcase and ensure the old O-ring is completely removed.
13. Lubricate the O-ring on the new filter with a film of fresh engine oil and ensure the O-ring is in good condition. Replace if necessary. The oil filter is part number 2540086.
14. Install the new filter and rotate it clockwise by hand until the filter gasket contacts the sealing surface. Then turn it an additional three-quarters of a turn.
15. Once the filter is installed, wipe up any residual oil. Ensure there are no shop towels left in the engine bay.
16. Clean any dirt or debris from the drain plug and ensure the sealing surfaces are free of any burrs, nicks or scratches.
17. Install a new drain plug washer on the drain plug.
18. Reinstall the drain plug and torque to 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm).
19. Add the proper amount of the recommended oil through the oil fill cap. Do not overfill. The capacity is 2 quarts (1.9 L). The PS-4 Engine Oil is part number 2876245 for one gallon or part number 2876244 for one quart.
20. Then reinstall the oil fill cap and wipe up any residual oil.
21. Continue by tilting the cargo box down and ensuring it is properly latched.
22. Dispose of the used oil and filter properly at your local recycling center.
23. Start the engine and allow it to idle for 1 to 2 minutes.
24. Stop the engine and inspect the vehicle for leaks.
25. Remove the oil dipstick and wipe with a clean shop towel. Reinstall the dipstick fully and remove again to inspect the oil level. Add oil as needed to bring the level to the upper mark on the dipstick.
26. Reinstall the dipstick and wipe up any residual oil.
27. Use a grease gun to grease all suspension grease zerks. Your vehicle has grease zerks located on:
- the rear sway bar mounts
- the prop shaft under the clutch cover
28. Move to the rear of the vehicle to clean the spark arrestor. Warning: Allow the vehicle to cool completely before performing any spark arrestor maintenance.
29. Begin by removing the spark arrestor fastener and nut with an 8mm socket.
30. Carefully pull the spark arrestor out of the exhaust and clean any debris on the screen.
31. Inspect the screen for wear or damage and replace if necessary.
32. Reinstall the spark arrestor into the exhaust and align the mounting hole.
33. Reinstall the spark arrestor nut and fastener. Torque the fastener to 10 ft-lbs (13.5 Nm).
34. Once complete, the maintenance reminder can be reset in the instrument cluster.
- Turn the key on and hold the MODE button to enter the Options Menu.
- Navigate to "Service Hours."
- Press the MODE button to select it and use the up and down arrows to adjust the service hours to a new setting, if desired.
- Once you have reached your desired setting, press the MODE button again to reset the reminder.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
Carlisle® is a registered trademark of CARLISLE INTANGIBLE, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Inc.