Before you ride your Polaris Sportsman 110, perform the pre-ride inspection as described in your Owner’s Manual. Read, understand and follow all of the instructions, warnings and safety precautions in the Owner’s Manual and on all product labels. Failure to follow these instructions, warnings and safety precautions could result in serious injury or death.
During your pre-ride inspection, do the following:
1. Visually inspect the vehicle, looking for debris, leaks and worn components that may impair the vehicle’s operation.
2. Check the condition of the tires, looking for any sign of punctures or damage, and check tread depth.
3. Check the tire pressures and verify that they are to specification. The tire pressure should be 3 psi (20.7 kPa) on all tires.
4. Inspect the suspension and brakes for leaks, debris and damage.
5. Inspect the drive chain, ensuring proper installation and slack.
6. Remove the seat and inspect the battery cables for tightness.
7. Also inspect the intake system for blockage or debris, and clean as needed. Notice: DO NOT spray water directly into the intake system, as this can result in water intrusion to the engine.
8. Next, inspect the engine oil level. Ensure the vehicle is on a level surface.
- Remove the oil dipstick and wipe it with a clean shop towel.
- Reinstall the oil dipstick fully and remove it to inspect the oil level. Caution: Operating with insufficient, deteriorated or contaminated engine oil will cause accelerated wear and may result in engine or transmission seizure, which could result in loss of control and serious injury or death.
- Add oil as needed. Caution: Do not overfill. Overfilling can result in loss of engine performance and an oil-saturated air filter. Use a suction device to remove excess oil if overfilled.
9. Inspect the fuel level and add fuel as needed.
10. Turn the key on and inspect the headlight, taillight and brake lights for proper operation.
11. Inspect and set the speed limiter as needed.
12. Check the steering for smooth operation from full left to full right.
13. Operate the throttle and brake levers, taking note of any binding or sticking.
14. Start the engine and verify the low oil pressure light is not illuminated.
15. Operate the horn and ensure it sounds loudly.
16. Stop the engine with the engine run/stop switch and ensure the engine does not restart.
17. Restart the engine and pull out the safety tether while the engine is running. The engine should turn off. Ensure the engine does not restart without the safety tether attached.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.