Required Tools and Supplies:
- Air Filter
- Shop Rags
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always clean all dirt and debris away from the airbox area before servicing the air filter on your Polaris Scrambler. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing the air filter. To clean or replace the air filter on your Scrambler 850 or XP 1000, follow these steps:
1. Place the transmission in PARK.
2. Set the parking brake.
3. Pull up on the seat to remove it.
4. Remove the rubber end of the clutch duct.
5. Remove the rubber strap and remove the airbox cover.
6. With the cover removed, inspect the seal. Replace if it’s worn or damaged in any way. The seal is part number 5813359.
7. Remove the filter by pulling rearward.
8. Remove the fabric-type pre-filter from the main filter. Inspect the pre-filter.
9. Inspect the main filter and replace if necessary. The air filter for a Scrambler 850 or XP 1000 is part number 7082101. Notice: If the filter has been soaked with fuel or oil, it must be replaced. Do not attempt to clean the air filter with compressed air. In dusty conditions, air filter replacement will be required more often.
10. Wash the pre-filter with hot soapy water and air-dry.
11. Clean the airbox thoroughly. Wipe well with a clean, dry cloth. Notice: Dirt or debris in the intake tube/intake boot could result in severe engine damage. Always clean all dirt and debris from the intake tube before installing the filter.
12. Install the pre-filter onto the b main filter. Be sure the screen covers the entire surface of the main filter without folds, creases or gaps.
13. Install the air filter into the airbox, making sure that it is fully seated. Proper placement of the air filter is important to prevent air leaks. Notice: Use of a non-Polaris-approved air filter may cause engine damage. Always use a Polaris-approved replacement filter. Replacement filters are available at your Polaris Dealer.
14. Reinstall the airbox cover and the strap retaining the cover. Reinstall the rubber end of the clutch duct.
15. Install the seat by lining up the locators in front and pushing down in the rear.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Inc.