At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris, a global powersports leader, is looking for an experienced senior software engineer to join the embedded middleware team working with our In-vehicle displays and gauges. (IVI) This is an exciting position on a team building world-class connected rider solutions. As a senior technical contributor on the team, you will have the ability and empowerment to make changes and move quickly. The ideal candidate is effective in an Agile development environment, pushing solid software engineering practices and system maturity. Interest in powersports is a plus, as there are many opportunities to ride!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Collect and analyze systems and customer requirements.
- Provide high level estimate and task breakdown working in Jira and Confluence.
- Design and develop software according to the requirements from multiple sources.
- Perform design review, code review, and software implementations. This position requires writing C++ code.
- Flexible enough to work on multiple products being produced for a fast-changing market.
- Have a customer-focused mindset for delivering a product that is centered around a great customer experience.
- Analyze system performance bottlenecks and conduct deep troubleshooting efforts.
- Suggest and participate in ongoing improvement cycles and retrospectives.
- Help build and maintain high team morale on a newly forming team.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE: Minimum Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, EE or MS in a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years software development for IVI hardware and middleware projects.
- Strong C++ programming and debugging skills in the embedded environment.
- 3+ years of progressive C++ development experience, with significant depth in C++ not just C.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience implementing Linux applications and daemons.
- Comfort using desktop Linux and open source tools for day-to-day development.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills with minimal supervision.
- Familiar with Agile software development methodology in Automotive.
- Experience with unit testing and robot framework.
- Tier -1 or Tier - 2 working experience for automotive industry.
- Experience with Android Auto.
- Experience with using Android OS for automotive industry.
- Experience with BlueZ, oFono, OBEX, PulseAudio and/or related open source audio and media.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Bluetooth (Classic and LE) and audio/DSP technologies.
- Strong knowledge of CAN, Navigation, Apple CarPlay, Sirius XM, and other IVI features.
- Strong knowledge of Linux kernel development.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.